Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Land of the Lost 
- TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX
Add Your Comments
- "The Maze Runner" Gets Wider with Extra Screens in "Escape" Theaters [8/29]
- Waynesville, MO: B & B Waynesville Patriot 12 & GS Opens August 29, 2014, Waynesville Cinema 8 Closed [8/28]
- Indianapolis, IN: Cinemark Washington Market 8 Closed [8/28]
- Streator, IL: Majestic Theatre Closed, Up For Sale [8/26]
- Frostburg, MD: R/C Theatres Closes R/C Cinemas 1-2-3, Employees Launch Effort to Reopen [8/25]
- Teicher Theatres Closes All Locations [8/25]
- Santa Monica, CA: Watch the Extended Versions of All Three LOTR Movies at the Aero Theatre on August 30, 2014 [8/21]
- Lodi, CA: Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas Temporarily Closed for Bedbugs [8/20]
- Hollywood, CA: World Premiere of "If I Stay" on August 20, 2014 at Chinese Theatre [8/20]
- Carmike Completes Acquisition of Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. [8/19]
Universal Pictures announced today that the U.S. premiere of the upcoming Will Ferrell comedy Land of the Lost will be held on Saturday, May 30, 2009 at Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California.
Cast members and filmmakers attending include: director/executive producer Brad Silberling; cast members Will Ferrell, Danny McBride, Anna Friel, Jorma Taccone, John Boylan, Michael Papajohn and Bobb'e J. Thompson; producer Jimmy Miller and creators/producers Sid & Marty Krofft; writers Chris Henchy & Dennis McNicholas; executive producers Daniel Lupi, Julie Wixson Darmody, Adam McKay and Ryan Kavanaugh.
Celebrities attending to date include Amy Brenneman, Billy Crudup, Wesley Eure, Josh Gomez, Jon Heder, Randy Jackson, Mindy Kaling, David Koechner, Zachary Levi, George Lopez, Masi Oka, Philip Paley, Chris Parnell, Monica Potter, Andy Samberg, Brooke Shields, Denzel Whitaker, Jason Winer and more.
No sleestaks were listed in the press release as attending, but they tend to show up unannounced.
Celebrity arrivals will begin at 4pm and the screening will begin at 5pm.
About the Movie
Will Ferrell stars as has-been scientist Dr. Rick Marshall, sucked into one and spat back through time. Way back.
Now, Marshall has no weapons, few skills and questionable smarts to survive in an alternate universe full of marauding dinosaurs and fantastic creatures from beyond our world -- a place of spectacular sights and super-scaled comedy.
He is joined by research assistant Holly (Anna Friel) and a redneck survivalist (Danny McBride) named Will. Chased by T. rex and stalked by painfully slow reptiles known as Sleestaks, Marshall, Will and Holly must rely on their only ally -- a primate called Chaka to navigate out of the hybrid dimension.
The movie opens in theaters on June 5, 2009, and select theaters are already providing advance showtimes and tickets for opening weekend. For more information about the movie, including links to the official web site, videos, and photos, check out the Information Page!
Source: Universal Pictures Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.