Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Collectible "Terminator Genisys" Posters and Tickets at 3D Showings at AMC, Carmike, Cinemark, Marcus, and Regal Locations [6/29]
- Watch the First Five Minutes of "Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation" in IMAX Theaters Ahead of "Terminator Genisys: An IMAX 3D Experience [6/29]
- "AMC Cares Summer Throwbacks" Movie Series Benefits Charity with Past Hits [6/5]
- "Jaws" Returns to the Big Screen for its 40th Anniversary [5/29]
- A Review of Laser-Based IMAX at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX [4/21]
- Details Released About the Background of Star Wars Movie, "Rogue One" [4/20]
- See the Teaser Trailer for "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" in an IMAX Theater on April 20th [4/16]
- Dates Announced for 2016 Academy Awards and Nominations Announcement [4/14]
- Ahead of the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
- Watch the Trailer for the Short "Frozen Fever" That Will Be Shown Before "Cinderella" [2/26]
The newly remodeled Marcus North Shore Cinema in Mequon, Wisconsin features a Zaffiro's Pizzeria and Bar that serves theater patrons as well as non-theater customers. Serving a lineup of thin-crust pizzas, sandwiches, and other items made from fresh ingredients, the first theater-based location was one of the signature elements of the Marcus Majestic Cinema in Waukesha, Wisconsin, about 30 miles to the Southwest.
According to a recent article in the Milwaukee Business Journal, Marcus Corp. is planning to expand the number of Zaffiro's locations in Milwaukee, both in their theaters and as standalone locations:
Marcus plans to expand Zaffiro's throughout the Milwaukee area, including other movie theater locations. David Marcus is managing partner of Marcus Investments, which is owned by members of the Marcus family. North Shore Cinema is owned by Marcus Theatres Corp., the area's largest theater circuit. Marcus Theatres is part of Marcus Corp., a publicly traded company founded by the Marcus family, and led by Chairman Stephen Marcus, David's father, and Chief Executive Officer Gregory Marcus, David's brother.
David Marcus also plans to expand Zaffiro's to locations that aren't part of the Marcus Theatres circuit. He says people will be attracted by Zaffiro's lineup of pizzas, sandwiches and other items made from fresh ingredients, and by the pizza's signature thin crust. Those differences will help Zaffiro's stand out in a restaurant segment packed with large chains such as Pizza Hut, Papa John's and other familiar names.
Click the Read link below to read the entire article.
I'm not a big fan of thin-crust pizza myself, but I know that many people are, and any effort by theaters to expand beyond the traditional servings of soda and popcorn are welcome in my book!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.