Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- See a Movie at a Drive-in This Weekend -- Follow These Steps to Find a Drive-in Near You! [8/25]
- "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" Sequel Planned for 2018 Release [8/4]
- Looking Back at "The Devil Wears Prada" 10 Years Later [6/25]
- See "Warcraft" and Get Free "World of Warcraft" Game [5/18]
- On the 20th Anniversary of "Twister" Check Out This Stormchaser Tornado Video [5/12]
- If You Have QuickTime for Windows, Read This Security Warning [4/15]
- Examining Some of What Makes the Score to "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" Great [2/23]
- Watch All Eight Best Picture Nominees at the Marcus Theatres Best Picture Festival [2/18]
- Watch All Eight Best Picture Nominees at AMC's Best Picture Showcase [2/18]
- Watch a Documentary About Making "The Revenant" [2/4]
The newly remodeled Marcus North Shore Cinema in Mequon, Wisconsin features a Zaffiro's Pizzeria and Bar that serves theater patrons as well as non-theater customers. Serving a lineup of thin-crust pizzas, sandwiches, and other items made from fresh ingredients, the first theater-based location was one of the signature elements of the Marcus Majestic Cinema in Waukesha, Wisconsin, about 30 miles to the Southwest.
According to a recent article in the Milwaukee Business Journal, Marcus Corp. is planning to expand the number of Zaffiro's locations in Milwaukee, both in their theaters and as standalone locations:
Marcus plans to expand Zaffiro's throughout the Milwaukee area, including other movie theater locations. David Marcus is managing partner of Marcus Investments, which is owned by members of the Marcus family. North Shore Cinema is owned by Marcus Theatres Corp., the area's largest theater circuit. Marcus Theatres is part of Marcus Corp., a publicly traded company founded by the Marcus family, and led by Chairman Stephen Marcus, David's father, and Chief Executive Officer Gregory Marcus, David's brother.
David Marcus also plans to expand Zaffiro's to locations that aren't part of the Marcus Theatres circuit. He says people will be attracted by Zaffiro's lineup of pizzas, sandwiches and other items made from fresh ingredients, and by the pizza's signature thin crust. Those differences will help Zaffiro's stand out in a restaurant segment packed with large chains such as Pizza Hut, Papa John's and other familiar names.
Click the Read link below to read the entire article.
I'm not a big fan of thin-crust pizza myself, but I know that many people are, and any effort by theaters to expand beyond the traditional servings of soda and popcorn are welcome in my book!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.