Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Marcus Regency Value Cinemas
Add Your Comments
- Oxon Hill, MD: AMC Reopens the Former Rivertowne 12 Cinemas [5/5]
- Carmel, IN: Flix Brewhouse - Carmel Opens [5/1]
- Sun Prairie, WI: Marcus Palace Cinema Opens, Eastgate Cinema Closes [4/30]
- Santa Fe, NM: Violet Crown Cinema - Santa Fe Opens May 1, 2015 [4/30]
- Lake Charles, LA: Closed UA Lake Charles 10 Will Reopen in Fall 2015 as Cinemark Movie Bistro [4/29]
- Glenview, IL: ArcLight Cinemas - Glenview Opening on April 30, 2015 [4/27]
- Culver City, CA: ArcLight Cinemas - Culver City Opening on April 30, 2015 [4/27]
- Ashburn, VA: Starplex Cinemas - Loudoun Luxury 11 Now Open [4/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: UA Lake Charles 10 Closing April 26, 2015 [4/24]
- Dallas, TX: Cinepolis to Open Luxury Movie Theater in Victory Park [4/21]
The Marcus Regency Value Cinemas in Racine, Wisconsin closed in April 2009, and the Racine Journal Times is reporting that the building was demolished yesterday, July 6, 2009 by wrecking crews as onlookers watched, including former employees of the theater.
The movie screen had been torn down, the seats were empty and the ruins were real — the handiwork of a yellow Caterpillar 235C there on Monday to begin demolishing the theater at 5230 Durand Ave., which closed in mid-April. Azarian Wrecking is in charge of the demolition, and is expected to be there until the end of next week.
Randy Jansen, 44, looked on with a camera around his neck.
“If I’d have known the seats were in there I’d have said ‘I’ll buy a row,’” said Jansen, there to take pictures for his wife Melissa, who worked at the theater for 15 years.
According to the article, the building was torn down to prevent competitors from re-opening a movie theater in that space and that it was easier to start from scratch than to convert the space for another use.
For more information, including a photo of the sign being attacked by a backhoe, click the Read link below to read the full article.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.