Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Green Bay, WI: Silver Cinemas - East Town Budget Cinemas Closed [2/10]
- Milwaukee, WI: Former State Theater Severely Damaged by Fire [2/10]
- Lincoln, NE: Recliners Coming to Marcus Lincoln Grand Cinema [2/9]
- Orlando, FL: Cinemark Movie Theater Changes Name After Artegon Marketplace Closure [2/6]
- Kalamazoo, MI: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Closing in April 2017, New Operator Expected [2/6]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Soft Opening on February 7, 2017 [2/1]
- Englewood, CO: UA Greenwood Plaza 12 Closed [1/31]
- Huntington Beach, CA: Regency Charter Centre Cinemas 5 Closed [1/31]
- Sitka, AK: Coliseum Theatre - Sawmill Creek Plaza Closed, Downtown Location Remains Open [1/31]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Opening February 10, 2017 [1/27]
Norwalk, CT. June 27, 2006 - It’s that time of year again, and kids across the country can’t wait to start enjoying their summer…that, of course, always includes plenty of movies and popcorn!
And that also means it’s time for the Crown Theatres FREE Summer Kids Film Festival - a popular community tradition since 1995 - which continues this summer at select Crown Theatres locations starting this month. Now, on any given weekday morning, laughter and applause will fill theatre auditoriums across the country. The eight to ten week festival is ready again to offer a new movie each week for these eager moviegoers.
Zvi Cole, Director of Marketing for Crown Theatres Nationwide, said, “This year’s movies include many of the biggest hits from the past year: Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, Racing Stripes, Winn Dixie, Cheaper By The Dozen 2, Madagascar, Dreamer, Nanny Michele and Curious George. Its terrific fun for the entire family and it’s free!"
The films are offered to the community free-of-charge as Crown Theatres’ way of saying “thank you” to moviegoers who have patronized their local Crown Theatre over the year. As June has started off with a heat wave already, it can also give youngsters a few hours of fun in a cool, air-conditioned environment where they can share one of their favorite films with friends and family.
Check with your local Crown Theatre for dates and time. On certain mornings, events including clowns, jugglers, face painting, coloring, police & fire safety talks will be scheduled. Media sponsors and promotional partners make appearances all summer long such as New Line Cinema, Garelick Farms and State Farm Insurance.
Source: Crown Theatres Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.