Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Where the Wild Things Are 
Add Your Comments
- Stafford, VA: Regal Aquia 10 Closed [10/21]
- Brooklyn, NY: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Downtown Brooklyn Opening October 28, 2016 [10/19]
- Kapolei, HI: Luxury Movie Theater Opening at Ka Makana Ali'i on October 21, 2016 [10/17]
- J.K. Rowling Says There Will Be Five "Fantastic Beasts" Movies [10/13]
- Oak Brook, IL: AMC Oakbrook Center 12 Opens [10/13]
- Abingdon, VA: Moonlite Drive-In Theatre Plans Revival [10/10]
- Pikesville, MD: Pikes Theatre Closed [10/9]
- Goodyear, AZ: Harkins Estrella Falls 16 Opening October 13, 2016 [10/4]
- Country Club Hills, IL: Marcus Country Club Hills Cinema To Open October 14, 2016 [10/4]
- New York, NY: iPic Theaters at Fulton Market - South Street Seaport Opens October 7, 2016 [10/4]
Warner Bros. Pictures and IMAX Corporation announced this week that Where the Wild Things Are will be released simultaneously to conventional and IMAX theaters when the movie opens on October 16, 2009.
The movie is based on the classic book by Maurice Sendak, which was a winner of the 1964 Caldecott Medal for "Most Distinguished Picture Book of the Year." It chronicles the timeless adventures of a young boy's imaginary journey to a land of "Wild Things."
The press release mentions that the movie will be remastered using the IMAX DMR technology to expand its picture and sound to be compatible with the IMAX and IMAX digital formats.
"We're excited to provide audiences and fans of such a beloved adventure the chance to experience it in IMAX," said Dan Fellman, President of Domestic Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures. "The imagery and sound in IMAX will help further immerse audiences directly into the land of Wild Things and we look forward to sharing it with them."
According to the press release, as of March 31, 2009, there were 371 IMAX theatres (250 commercial, 121 institutional) operating in 43 countries.
Source: IMAX Corporation Pictures Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.