Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Shorts 
- TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX
Add Your Comments
- Miami, FL: CMX - Brickell City Centre Now Open [4/26]
- Riverhead, NY: Movie Theater Proposed for Riverhead Plaza [4/26]
- Scranton, PA: Iron Horse Movie Bistro Opening April 28, 2017 [4/25]
- Andalusia, AL: Clark Theatres - Andalusia Cinema Now Open [4/14]
- New York, NY: Quad Cinema Reopens After Renovation Project [4/14]
- Laramie, WY: Studio City UW + ARQ Opening on April 28, 2017 [4/13]
- Mobile, AL: Crescent Theater to Close [4/11]
- Dallas, OR: Motor Vu Drive-In Not Reopening for 2017 Season [4/11]
- Stanton, KY: Mountain View Drive-In Will Not Reopen for 2017 Season [4/11]
- Arlington, TX: Cinemark at Former Six Flags Mall Closes [4/10]
Warner Bros. Pictures has announced that the Los Angeles Premiere of the upcoming family action/adventure movie Shorts will be held at Mann Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles, California on Saturday, August 15, 2009.
Expected to attend the event from the movie are Jon Cryer, Leslie Mann, Kat Dennings, Jimmy Bennett, Jolie Vanier and writer/director Robert Rodriguez, as well as other celebrity guests.
Celebrities will begin arriving at Noon, and the screening is scheduled to begin at 1pm.
From filmmaker Robert Rodriguez, creator of the “Spy Kids” trilogy and “The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D,” comes the family action-adventure “Shorts.” Eleven-year-old Toe Thompson is the designated punching bag for the bullies of the suburban community of Black Falls, where his and everyone else’s parents work for Black Box Industries, makers of the do-it-all gadget that’s sweeping the nation. But during a freak storm, a mysterious Rainbow Rock, which grants wishes to anyone who finds it, falls from the sky. Suddenly, the neighborhood that Toe already thinks is weird is about to get a lot weirder. As the Rainbow Rock ricochets around the town — from kid to kid and parent to parent — wishes-come-true quickly turn the neighborhood upside down in a wild rampage of everything from tiny aliens to giant boogers.
The magical fantasy adventure “Shorts” is told through a series of interwoven not-so-tall tales that each brings to life the sometimes wonderful, often terrible, and totally out- of-control wishes that become far more than Toe and his neighbors ever imagined.
The movie is rated PG and will open in theaters on Friday, August 21, 2009.
For more information about the movie, including photos, trailers and videos, and links to the official site, the Internet Movie Database, and more, please see the Information Page for Shorts!
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.