Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- "Now Showing" Enhanced with Sticky Options, Faster Speed [5/27]
- "The Marquee" Enhancements Bring More Speed, New Movie Sort Option in Showtimes, Sticky Selections [5/23]
- Trailers & Videos Feature Updated [3/27]
- Photo Gallery Feature Upgraded [3/17]
- "Reader Favorites" Listing Updated in Now Showing [8/5]
- Dolby Atmos Indications Added to Showtimes [7/25]
- Submit Your Ticket Price Reports for Movie Theaters! [7/4]
- Gift Shop Enhanced with More Selections for Downloading Movies and Music via iTunes [9/17]
- Finding Drive-Ins Made Easy [8/2]
- New Feature: Search for Theaters from the Past - See the history, tell your stories [6/30]
When The BigScreen Cinema Guide turned 13 in 2008, I had posted a kind of a "state of the web site" message where I announced the intention of adding features to the site that allow greater reader involvement. One of those features has finally been completed with the release this week of Journal Comments!
Sample Reader Comments Sidebar Item
|Look for the "Reader Comments" section and the graphic icon to have your voice be heard!|
The form to do so is located at the end of the article, and there is a link to it in the right-hand sidebar of every Journal article on the site (see the example to the left, and the real, live version in the sidebar to the right).
We welcome your comments about the information that we post, and we hope that it provides a valuable perspective from the point of view of our readers. While we're big movie fans, we're very close to these topics every day, and our opinions and viewpoints can be different than that of a casual movie fan, and so forth.
Now that the feature has been created and released, it is my hope that we can add the ability for our readers to comment on other items as well, including movies that haven't been released yet (a pre-cursor to writing Reader Reviews) and the big one I've got high hopes for, Theater Comments, so you can let others know about good and bad experiences at local movie theaters!
My primary concern is keeping the quality of these comments high and the noise very low. We hope that everyone will abide by the simple rules and guidelines that we have set for acceptable conduct, so that the feature is a positive addition to the site.
Please give the Journal Comments feature a try and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.