Remove ads with our VIP Service
- The Final Destination 3D 
- Digiplex Surprise IMAX
- Digiplex Apple Valley
Apple Valley, CA
- Chinese 6 Theatres
- Theatres at Mall of America
- Galaxy Cannery
North Las Vegas, NV
- Cineplex Odeon - Queensway
- Galaxy Highland
Add Your Comments
- Ashburn, VA: Starplex Cinemas - Loudoun Luxury 11 Now Open [4/24]
- Dallas, TX: Cinepolis to Open Luxury Movie Theater in Victory Park [4/21]
- Lewisburg, WV: Lewisburg Cinema 8 Now Open [4/21]
- Fort Worth and Hurst, TX: Cinemark Upgrading Ridgmar 13 and North East Mall 18 Locations with Luxury Loungers [4/15]
- Chicago, IL: ArcLight Cinemas Opening in Lincoln Park in September 2015 [4/11]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Glen Stadium 10 Closes for ArcLight Cinemas Conversion - Reopening on May 1, 2015 [4/11]
- Bangor, ME: Bangor Drive-In to Reopen After 30 Years [4/9]
- Tyler, TX: Studio Movie Grill Set to Open in April 2015 [4/3]
- Chantilly, VA: Smithsonian - Udvar-Hazy Center Airbus IMAX Theater Closed for Laser Upgrade [3/30]
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
D-BOX Technologies announced last week that The Final Destination 3D will be the first 3D movie released with their Motion Code™ technology. The movie opens in theaters nationwide on August 28, 2009, and select theaters are equipped with special seats that react in sync with the movie using codes embedded with D-BOX's product.
The fourth installment of the Final Destination series stars Bobby Campo as Nick O'Bannon who has a premonition that his friends die a horrific death while at the races. When he comes out of this grisly nightmare Nick panics, persuading his girlfriend and their friends to leave... escaping seconds before Nick's frightening vision becomes a terrible reality. Thinking they've cheated death, the group has a new lease on life, but unfortunately for them, it is only the beginning.
As his premonitions continue and the crash survivors begin to die one-by-one-in increasingly gruesome ways-Nick must figure out how to cheat death once and for all before he, too, reaches his final destination.
Moviegoers that purchase tickets for the specially-marked (and most likely, specially-priced) seats will get to enjoy an experience that will bring the onscreen action a little closer to home as their seats move in sync with the movie.
"We are truly excited to offer moviegoers the ultimate cinema experience by combining for the first time ever 3-D and D-BOX Motion technology," said Claude Mc Master, President and Chief Executive Officer of D-BOX Technologies. "Our technology is such a great complement to 3-D to provide an incomparable immersive movie-going experience".
If you're looking for this kind of experience, you'll need to be in the right place at the right time, or be willing to travel! D-BOX seats are installed at only seven theaters in all of North America.
- Mann Chinese 6 in Hollywood, California
- Ultrastar Cinemas Surprise Pointe 14 in Surprise, Arizona
- Theatres at Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota
- Galaxy Highland in Austin, Texas
- Galaxy Cannery in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Ultrastar Apple Valley in Apple Valley, California
- Cineplex Odeon Queensway in Toronto, Ontario
The movie opens in theaters on August 28th, and select theaters already have showtimes and tickets available for opening day! Since there are a limited number of the D-BOX seats at each theater, be sure to buy your tickets in advance to guarantee yourself a one-of-a-kind experience while watching The Final Destination 3D!
Source: D-BOX Technologies Inc. Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.