Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Julie & Julia 
- iPic Theaters at The Arboretum of South Barrington
South Barrington, IL
- iPic Theaters at Redmond Town Center
Add Your Comments
- Boulder, CO: Boulder Art Cinema Ends After Poor Attendance [7/30]
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Opening August 19, 2016 [7/26]
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
- Variety: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" to Skip Theaters, Launch as a TV Movie and Spinoff Series [7/21]
- Falmouth, ME: Flagship Premium Cinemas Now Open [7/20]
- AMC Theatres to Acquire Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group, the Largest Theater Chain in Europe [7/13]
- Westbrook, ME: Prides Corner Drive-In Not Yet Open for 2016, Future is Uncertain [7/13]
- New Bedford, MA: Flagship Cinemas - New Bedford Closed [7/10]
- Menomonee Falls, WI: Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas Getting Take Five and Zaffiro's [6/30]
The Village Roadshow Gold Class Cinemas in South Barrington, Illinois and in Redmond, Washington is offering a special event package in conjunction with the movie Julie & Julia. The movie is about a woman's quest to cook every recipe from Julia Child's cookbook and write about her experiences in a blog. It intertwines that story with that of Julia Child's discovery of her love of cooking.
For a single price of $44 for Gold Class Members and $54 for non-members, the theater is offering a special package, which includes a ticket to the movie, a live cooking demonstration from their Chef, any two items from their Julia Child Inspired Menu, a poster for the movie, and a "special drawing" of something. Since membership to their Gold Class Club is free, I suggest saving yourself $10 and becoming a member if you aren't already.
This event package is being offered on August 19, 20, 23, and 26, 2009. For reservations, call 224-293-1001 in South Barrington and 425-636-5601 in Redmond.
I've attended the Gold Class Cinemas in South Barrington, Illinois, and found it to be a great experience! The food was excellent, the seating was comfortable, and the presentation was well-done. You can see photos taken during that visit on the Photo Gallery page for the theater. It appears that they have a special Julia Child-inspired menu even if you don't participate in this event package, so that might be worth checking out.
For more information, click the Read link below.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.