Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Marcus Majestic Cinema of Brookfield
- Marcus Eastgate Cinema
- Marcus North Shore Cinemas
- Marcus South Towne
- Marcus Renaissance Cinema
- Marcus Palace of Sun Prairie
Sun Prairie, WI
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Cleveland Heights, OH: Regal Severance Town Center Stadium 14 Closed [3/20]
- Lawrenceville, GA: GTC Town Center Value Cinemas Closed [3/18]
- Queen Creek, AZ: Harkins Queen Creek 14 Opening March 19, 2015 [3/16]
- Los Angeles, CA: 9-Screen Cinemark Playa Vista and XD Now Open [3/13]
- Nicholasville, KY: AmStar 14 - Brannon Crossing to Become Movie Tavern Location in June 2015 [3/12]
- Lewiston, ME: Flagship Cinemas Closed [3/12]
The Wisconsin State Journal is reporting that Marcus Theatres Corporation is considering an alternate location for its replacement of the aging Marcus Eastgate Cinemas in Madison, Wisconsin.
The first location that Marcus is considering is located at Highway 151 and Nelson Road, and the alternate location is just up Highway 151 at the junction with County Highway C, near the Target store that opened earlier this year.
|The familiar Marcus sign could appear in Sun Prairie instead of Madison. Photo Copyright 2009 SVJ Designs, LLC All Rights Reserved.|
The new location would be officially located in Sun Prairie, which would be a loss for the city of Madison, and it would not contain the entertainment complex portion of the aforementioned project.
According to the Marcus news release, the Sun Prairie location offers “excellent visibility” without the burden of additional development.
"A final determination has not yet been made, but this site does offer additional options and flexibility … without the added challenge and financial risk of developing the surrounding property ourselves, which would be required with the other site," Bruce Olson, president of Marcus Theatres said in a statement.
None of this is to the point of shovels digging in dirt yet, so things could change considerably, including nothing happening at all. Municipal approvals, market conditions, and corporate direction changes can affect these projects easily. Three years ago, Marcus announced plans to replace the Marcus South Towne in Monona, Wisconsin (Madison's Southeast side) with a new location nearby in the Tradewinds Business Centre, but that project has yet to see the light of day (has dirt ever been moved? Let us know!).
The good news is that when Marcus finally develops a theater location, they tend to do a pretty good job of it. The Marcus Majestic Brookfield in Waukesha, Marcus Renaissance Cinema near Racine, and the recently remodeled Marcus North Shore Cinemas in Mequon (all in Wisconsin) are examples of successful projects that have been well-received by the public. If there is anything negative to be said about these projects, it's that they make some of the older, existing Marcus Theatres locations look dated by comparison.
Click the Read link below to view the full article by the Wisconsin State Journal.
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.