Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- New Photos Added for "Monster Trucks" [1/9]
- New Photos Added for "Fences" [12/16]
- Watch Emma Watson in the Trailer for "The Circle" - Photos Added [12/7]
- New Videos and Photos Added for "Passengers" [12/6]
- Trailer and Photos Added for "The Shack" [12/5]
- Watch the Trailer for Tom Cruise's "The Mummy" - 12 Photos Added [12/5]
- New Videos Added for "Assassin's Creed" [12/4]
- Watch the New Teaser Trailer for "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" [12/4]
- Buy Tickets for "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" Now! [11/28]
- Get $2 off 4 or More Movie Tickets at Fandango - Expires Nov 21, 2016 [11/11]
The Hollywood Reporter broke the story yesterday that tickets for the James Cameron movie Avatar: An IMAX 3D Experience were going on sale at select AMC Theatres locations, more than 100 days before its release:
"Tickets being put on sale for a film four months in advance is unheard of," MovieTickets exec vp Joel Cohen said. "The fact that tickets have already been sold really speaks to the tremendous buzz the film has already created and the power of James Cameron at the box office."
"AMC came up with the idea," Fox senior vp distribution Chris Aronson said. "They said that if all these people are going to come to our theater to see 16 minutes of a film that doesn't open until December, let's give them an opportunity to buy tickets to the first performances of the show itself."
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
A special 16-minute trailer for the movie debuted in theaters last Friday, and it was made available online soon afterwards.
You can buy your tickets now by going to the Showtimes page for Thursday, December 17, 2009 and find a theater near you selling tickets in advance!
I'm not sure why anyone would purchase tickets this far in advance, but those fans who came out of seeing the trailer absolutely confident that they had to be one of the first to see it now have their chance to make sure they know where they'll be and what they'll be doing in the wee hours of December 18th!
Are you going to buy tickets? Add your comments below and make yourself known!
Thanks to reader Ron H. for sending us the link to the THR article!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.