Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
- Thousand Oaks, CA: Regal Janss Marketplace 9 Grand Opening on June 9, 2016 [6/8]
- Mooresville, IN: Showtime Cinema Announces 2016 Summer Kids' Movie Series [6/7]
- Monterey, CA: Osio Theater Now Open [5/31]
- Watch Free Movies at Flagship Cinemas During "Camp Flagship 2016" [5/31]
- Free Summer Movies at Santikos Theatres [5/31]
- Watch Free Kid-Friendly Movies This Summer at Allen Theatres Locations [5/27]
- Kids Summer Movies at Megaplex Theatres - 10 Movies 10 Weeks for $10 [5/27]
- Watch Family Movies for Free at These Marquee Cinemas Locations [5/27]
It appears that Marcus Theatres is taking an important step towards building its replacement for the Marcus Eastgate Cinemas in Madison, Wisconsin to a new location in Sun Prairie, just a few miles up Highway 151. The Sun Prairie Star is reporting that Marcus Theatres announced an agreement to purchase about 16 acres of land in the 100 acre Prairie Lakes development near the junction of Highway 151 and County Road C.
"The Prairie Lakes development is one of two sites in the Madison area we are contemplating," remarked Bruce J. Olson, president of Marcus Theatres.
"The Prairie Lakes site offers excellent visibility and accessibility and inclusion in a high-quality development. A final determination has not yet been made, but this site does offer additional options and flexibility to building an entertainment destination our guests will enjoy without the added challenge and financial risk of developing the surrounding property ourselves, which would be required with the other site," Olson added.
Click the Read link below to view the entire article.
Last week, the Wisconsin State Journal reported that Marcus was shifting its gaze from developing a property near Highway 151 and Nelson Road to the Sun Prairie location instead. The latter location did not require the amount of development of the former, and it also appears that Sun Prairie's government approvals process played a part in the decision as well.
Nothing is set in stone, however, as a Marcus real estate representative was not ready to confirm that the final choice of location was made. One would think that, especially in this economy, a company doesn't buy land without the intent to develop on it someday.
No matter which option Marcus intends to use, construction will probably not begin until Spring 2010, and other Marcus Theatres locations have taken about a year to be completed.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.