Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Remembering "The Terminator" on its 30th Anniversary with an Interview with Van Ling and Ian Nathan [10/28]
- "Avengers: Age of Ultron" Teaser Trailer Now Available Ahead of Schedule After It Leaked [10/23]
- The Death of Physical Media is Far From Imminent [10/1]
- Los Angeles, CA: New Beverly Cinema Bucks the Digital Cinema Trend and Goes 35mm Only [9/9]
- Bill Murray Suggests Leads for All-Female "Ghostbusters" Movie [9/9]
- "Toy Story that Time Forgot" Coming to ABC in December 2014 [7/25]
- Bad Robot Tweets IMAX Camera on Star Wars Set [7/11]
- Road and Track Spies Electric Harley Davidson on Set of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" [7/2]
- Chicago, IL: Lucas Museum of Narrative Art (LMNA) Announces Chicago Location [6/25]
- Moviescoop Changes Name to Golden Star Theaters [6/20]
With the upcoming release of The Princess and the Frog in December, Disney is making another attempt to increase the number of princesses in its roster. Will fans accept Tiana joining Snow White, Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), Cinderella, Belle, Ariel, Jasmine, and to a lesser extent, Pocahontas and Mulan?
They've done this before, when The Hunchback of Notre Dame was released in 1996. Clothing and other merchandise was marketed, featuring Esmeralda together with the other princesses, but you would be hard-pressed to find her character anywhere, much less grouped with the "big 6."
Disney is trying, and they're putting the force of the other princesses behind the new upstart. In the recently announced pre-release event, The Ultimate Disney Experience, Disney is bringing out the full roster of princesses (again, no Esmeralda) to encourage guests to welcome Princess Tiana with open arms (and hopefully, open wallets).
Will Tiana have staying power?
Time will tell, but we don't have to wait that long to get an initial reading on the pulse of the public! Click on the "Add Your Comments" link to the right and let your voice be heard!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.