Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" Sequel Planned for 2018 Release [8/4]
- Looking Back at "The Devil Wears Prada" 10 Years Later [6/25]
- See "Warcraft" and Get Free "World of Warcraft" Game [5/18]
- On the 20th Anniversary of "Twister" Check Out This Stormchaser Tornado Video [5/12]
- If You Have QuickTime for Windows, Read This Security Warning [4/15]
- Examining Some of What Makes the Score to "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" Great [2/23]
- Watch All Eight Best Picture Nominees at the Marcus Theatres Best Picture Festival [2/18]
- Watch All Eight Best Picture Nominees at AMC's Best Picture Showcase [2/18]
- Watch a Documentary About Making "The Revenant" [2/4]
- New York, NY: Martin Scorcese and Others Pay Their Respects to the Now-Closed Ziegfeld Theater [1/29]
With the upcoming release of The Princess and the Frog in December, Disney is making another attempt to increase the number of princesses in its roster. Will fans accept Tiana joining Snow White, Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), Cinderella, Belle, Ariel, Jasmine, and to a lesser extent, Pocahontas and Mulan?
They've done this before, when The Hunchback of Notre Dame was released in 1996. Clothing and other merchandise was marketed, featuring Esmeralda together with the other princesses, but you would be hard-pressed to find her character anywhere, much less grouped with the "big 6."
Disney is trying, and they're putting the force of the other princesses behind the new upstart. In the recently announced pre-release event, The Ultimate Disney Experience, Disney is bringing out the full roster of princesses (again, no Esmeralda) to encourage guests to welcome Princess Tiana with open arms (and hopefully, open wallets).
Will Tiana have staying power?
Time will tell, but we don't have to wait that long to get an initial reading on the pulse of the public! Click on the "Add Your Comments" link to the right and let your voice be heard!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.