Remove ads with our VIP Service
- AMC Orchard 12
Add Your Comments
- Pittsburgh, PA: Cinemark North Hills and XD to Open September 19, 2014 [9/17]
- North Haven, CT: Rave Cinemas North Haven 12 to be Replaced by New 14-Screen Cinemark Theater in 2015 [9/12]
- Birmingham, MI: Palladium 12 Closed [9/9]
- Chula Vista, CA: AMC Chula Vista 10 Now Open [9/8]
- "Gone with the Wind" Returning to Theaters Ahead of Home Video Release for 75th Anniversary [9/3]
- Sunrise, FL: Frank Theatres - Sunrise 11 Closed [9/2]
- "The Maze Runner" Gets Wider with Extra Screens in "Escape" Theaters [8/29]
- Waynesville, MO: B & B Waynesville Patriot 12 & GS Opens August 29, 2014, Waynesville Cinema 8 Closed [8/28]
- Indianapolis, IN: Cinemark Washington Market 8 Closed [8/28]
- Streator, IL: Majestic Theatre Closed, Up For Sale [8/26]
The AMC Orchard 12 in Westminster, Colorado opened to the public on April 4, 2008.
According to the press release (included below), the new theater is the first movie theater in the area to feature Digital Cinema Projection in every auditorium. Each is equipped with Sony's SXRD™ 4K digital projectors, which can display four times the resolution of standard 2K digital projectors (although most movies are produced in 2K at this time, so the difference is minimal).
Two of the 12 screens measure 50 feet wide by "three stories high" which we equate to about 24 feet. Digital Cinema Projection in every theater brings with it the advantage of uncompressed six-channel sound in every auditorium as well.
Online ticket sales are available for this theater, visit their Showtimes page for more information!
AMC Entertainment® Opens All-Digital AMC Orchard 12 on April 4
Westminster, Colo. (March 31, 2008) - AMC Entertainment Inc. (AMC), one of the world's largest and most innovative theatrical exhibition companies, announced today AMC Orchard 12 at The Orchard Town Center will open to the public on April 4, bringing the gift of the best possible out-of-home entertainment experience to the northern Denver metro area this spring. To commemorate the new theatre opening, all guests who visit the theatre during the opening weekend will receive one free small popcorn with each ticket purchased.
A movie-lover's dream come true, this new state-of-the-art theatre is the first all-digital theatre in the area and is equipped with Sony® 4K digital cinema projectors, capable of producing images with more than four times the resolution of HDTV. As if all-digital screens weren't enough, two auditoriums at AMC Orchard 12 boast screens that are more than three stories high and 50 feet wide, helping showcase highly anticipated films such as Universal Pictures' "Leatherheads" and DreamWorks Pictures' "The Ruins."
AMC is known for many of the innovations that moviegoers enjoy today, including the multiplex and North American megaplex concepts. Guest satisfaction has been the foundation of the AMC experience, where our guests have been the stars since our inception in 1920.
Guests will "Experience the Difference®" at AMC Orchard 12, as a 40-foot-high glass façade greets guests as they enter through an open courtyard and begin their premium entertainment experience. The theatre is adorned with AMC's signature design concepts, including sensational high-mural celebrity graphics, movie quotes inlaid in terrazzo flooring, entertaining directors' series photographs and a modern-day rendition of the red carpet, in addition to an expansive concession stand featuring items from Clip's PicksSM concession value menu.
AMC Orchard 12 features AMC's signature quality, comfort, service and convenience, and will showcase modern amenities including:
- Twelve auditoriums with nearly 2,200 seats.
- Stadium seating with 18-inch risers and 48-inch row spacing for a perfectly clear, unobstructed view in all auditoriums.
- AMC's exclusive and ultra-comfortable LoveSeat®-style seating featuring "rocking" backs and lifting cupholder armrests.
- Digital Projection Technology in all auditoriums featuring SXRD™ 4K digital cinema projectors from Sony, capable of producing images with more than four times the resolution of HDTV.
- Uncompressed digital six-channel audio coupled with Dolby® Digital signal processing in every auditorium for clear, dynamic distortion-free audio and lifelike special effects.
- Floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall curved premium movie screens in every auditorium, featuring two auditoriums with screens that are more than three stories high and 50 feet wide.
- AMC's proprietary Digital Theatre Distribution System® (DTDS) for enhanced pre-show entertainment that includes a first-look access to everything from movies, television, music, sports and advertising.
- Large, efficient, fast-serve concession area with digital menu boards offering a wide variety of moviegoers' favorite theatrical food and beverage options, including free refills on large fountain drinks and large popcorn.
- A custom-designed gaming area featuring top-performing arcade games with wide appeal, allowing guests an opportunity to enjoy relaxed or competitive play before or after their movie experience.
- AMC Guest Services area for superior guest service.
- Advance credit card tickets sales by phone or online at www.amctheatres.com.
- Four Automated Box Offices (ABOs) for easy ticket purchasing and advance ticket order pick-up.
Moviegoers visiting AMC Orchard 12 can expect to enjoy best-in-the-business guest programs offered exclusively at AMC theatre locations including:
- A.M.Cinema® - provides morning guests the opportunity to see first-run movies at the best ticket price of the day ($5) before noon on select Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holiday periods.
- AMC MovieWatcher - the industry's first moviegoer loyalty program that is absolutely free. With each movie ticket purchased, members earn points toward free drinks, free popcorn and free movies. Also, members who visit an AMC theatre on Wednesdays receive a free small popcorn with every ticket purchased. Rewards increase when an account is activated online at MovieWatcher.com.
- Clip's Picks - a first in the theatre industry, gives guests the opportunity to save at the concession stand when they select items from the value menu. Items can be purchased for $3 each or three for $7.50, representing a savings of more than 15 percent when purchased together. Clip's Picks value menu is available seven days a week, all day at all of AMC's locations in the United States and Canada (except Quebec).
Located on the northwest corner of I-25 and 144th Avenue in Westminster, Colo., AMC Orchard 12 is the entertainment anchor of The Orchard Town Center. Additional information about the grand opening can be found at www.amctheatres.com/orchard.
About AMC Entertainment Inc.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., AMC Entertainment Inc. is one of the world's largest and most innovative theatrical exhibition companies.
With a history of industry leadership dating back to 1920, the company today serves more than 240 million guests annually through interests in
359 theatres with 5,138 screens in six countries. www.amctheatres.com.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.