Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Monster House 
Add Your Comments
- Upper Darby, PA: Studio Movie Grill - Upper Darby Opened July 23, 2015 [7/30]
- California, MD: R/C Lexington Exchange Movies 12 Opens [7/30]
- Milwaukee, WI: Free Family Outdoor Movies at the Peck Pavilion [7/30]
- Milwaukee, WI: "The Princess Bride" Event Coming to the Riverside Theater [7/24]
- North Haven, CT: Cinemark North Haven and XD Now Open [7/24]
- Athens, GA: Carmike Ovation 12 Opens After Renovations [7/20]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Reopened by Landmark Theatres [7/15]
- Cary, NC: Frank Theatres - Parkside Town Commons Stadium 11 & Xtreme Now Open [7/14]
- Malco Theatres Kids Summer Film Fest 2015 [6/30]
- 2015 Summer Movie Series at Georgia Theatre Company Locations [6/30]
Deal Gives REAL D Cinema the Largest Digital 3-D Cinema Platform Worldwide
LOS ANGELES and PLANO, TEXAS, July 17, 2006 – REAL D, the leader in the delivery of premium digital 3-D experiences, and Cinemark USA, Inc., a major theatrical exhibitor, today announced a landmark deal to equip up to 150 Cinemark Theatres with REAL D Cinema systems for the exhibition of digital 3-D content.
Once completed, this deal will enable Cinemark to offer its customers more REAL D Cinema screens than any other exhibitor, clearly positioning Cinemark as the undisputed leader in digital 3 D cinema. This announcement underscores exhibitors’ commitment to REAL D as the trusted digital 3-D format. This deployment brings the total number of committed REAL D Cinema screens to more than 350 worldwide and gives REAL D Cinema the world’s largest 3-D cinematic footprint.
“REAL D has rapidly emerged as the quality platform for the delivery of digital 3 D entertainment to cinemas,” said Alan Stock, President and Chief Operating Officer, Cinemark USA, Inc. “Cutting-edge technologies like REAL D’s are dramatically altering the cinematic landscape, and Cinemark is excited to work with REAL D to deliver compelling, new experiences to our audiences.”
“Cinemark, one of the largest and most progressive exhibitors, realizes the importance of bringing REAL D Cinema to audiences on a massive scale,” said Michael V. Lewis, Chairman, REAL D. “Upon completion of this deployment, at least one screen in every Cinemark market could be REAL D Cinema enabled, giving Cinemark a clear competitive edge in cinematic entertainment.”
The rollout will commence immediately, with 17 screens being installed in time for the REAL D Cinema presentation of Columbia Pictures’ MONSTER HOUSE, which opens domestically July 21.
About Cinemark USA, Inc.
Cinemark USA, Inc., a leader in the theatre exhibition industry operates theatres in 33 states in the United States and internationally in 13 countries, mainly in Mexico, South and Central America. True stadium seating, wall-to-wall screens and digital sound are all hallmarks of a Cinemark theatre. Cinemark was also among the first theatre exhibitors to offer advanced real-time internet ticketing at its own website.
About REAL D
REAL D is the worldwide inventor and provider of key stereoscopic technologies used in entertainment, marketing, science and other industries. REAL D’s mission-critical 3-D visualization technologies are used by organizations such as NASA, Pfizer, BMW, General Motors, Mercedes-Benz, SEGA, Boeing and more. For more information, or to locate a REAL D Cinema, visit www.REALD.com. (Direct link to finding a theater)
Source: Real D Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.