Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Malco Theatres Kids Summer Film Fest 2015 [6/30]
- 2015 Summer Movie Series at Georgia Theatre Company Locations [6/30]
- Kids Summer Movies Playing at UltraStar Cinemas in 2015 [6/30]
- Carmike Cinemas Offers Summer Kids Series 2015 [6/30]
- Wehrenberg Theatres Family Summer Series - 10 Movies for $1 Each [6/30]
- Harkins Summer Movie Fun Series - 10 Kids Movies for $7 [6/30]
- Classic Cinemas Offers $1 Movies in 2015 Summer Movie Series [6/30]
- Regal's Summer Movie Express Offers $1 Movies in 2015 [6/30]
- $3 Family Movie Series at Select Marcus Theatres in June-August 2015 [6/30]
- West Carrollton, OH: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Rave Cinemas Dayton South 16 [6/25]
The Boston Globe is reporting (via boston.com) that plans for a new movie theater in the Westgate Mall in Brockton, Massachusetts are not going well. The area had a movie theater until 2004, when the Hoyts Westgate Cinema closed.
According to Christopher MacMillan, the Ward 7 city councilor, Atlanta-based Gregory Greenfield & Associates originally planned to begin construction this past spring. But the work never began because the economic crisis hampered financing for the $20 million project.
In May, Gregory Greenfield requested a year-long extension with National Amusements, the national theater chain that would run the facility, in order to secure the funding. But with about seven months left before the deadline, the prospects of starting construction appear dim, said MacMillan, whose ward encompasses the mall area.
“The hope is that it can get started by May 2010, or it will likely become a dead issue,’’ said MacMillan, who has worked with the developer throughout the process. “But since nothing will get done during the winter months, there is a pretty bleak five-month window for the developers to work with.’’
Currently, the closest movie theater to Brockton is the Showcase Cinemas Randolph in Randolph, which is approximately five miles away.
Click the Read link below to read the entire article.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.