Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- "Share Links" Added for Theaters to Make Facebook / Social Media Links Easier [6/9]
- The BigScreen Cinema Guide is Now Smartphone-Friendly! [4/29]
- Theaters in Movie Showtimes Now Sorted by Distance or by Theater Name [2/19]
- Theater Showtimes Now Sorted by Release Date by Default, New Date Groups Added [1/30]
- Theater Listings and Movie Showtimes Now Support Geolocation [1/30]
- Box Office Reports Added for Each Movie [1/7]
- "Now Showing" Enhanced with Sticky Options, Faster Speed [5/27]
- "The Marquee" Enhancements Bring More Speed, New Movie Sort Option in Showtimes, Sticky Selections [5/23]
- Trailers & Videos Feature Updated [3/27]
- Photo Gallery Feature Upgraded [3/17]
We are very happy to announce a new feature, called Theater Comments, that has been added to every active theater in The BigScreen Cinema Guide!
Example of Theater Comments Ratings Form
This feature allows our readers the ability to comment on their experiences at movie theaters. You can rate theaters as Excellent, Good, OK, Poor, and Unacceptable on characteristics such as:
- Picture Quality
Was the picture in focus? Was there an excessive amount of the picture projected onto the masking material?
- Sound Quality
How did the movie sound? Were all the channels working? Did it cut out from time to time?
- Staff Friendliness/Knowledge/Helpfulness
Did you feel welcome? Did the staff smile and seem happy to see you? If you had any questions or concerns, were they handled to your satisfaction?
- Condition of theater (seats, bathrooms, lobby, etc.)
Were the bathrooms clean? Was there ripped carpeting or broken seats that haven't been fixed? Did the exterior of the building and the parking lot seem inviting?
- Overall experience
How was your overall movie-going experience? Did the movie start on time, or were there lots of commercials and/or delays?
Example of Theater Comments Display
Our hope is that this will give our readers a voice about their experiences when going to the movies, and to provide our readers with valuable information about they can expect when attending a movie theater. A free-form comment area also provides a way to expand upon the areas above, to talk about how much time there was between the advertised start time and when the movie really started, and any other useful information that they would like to convey to other readers.
Theater Comments are part of the information we provide for every theater, so to find them for any theater, just find that theater in The Marquee, and click on "Reader Comments" in the sidebar.
Here are some examples of Theater Comments:
- IPic Theatres at Bayshore Town Center - Glendale, WI
- Showtime Cinema - Franklin, WI
- Village Roadshow Gold Class Cinemas - South Barrington, IL
To make this feature valuable, we need to hear from you!
Please take a few moments and leave comments about theaters that you've attended recently. It's easy to do, and over time, the collected information will be a great resource for everyone involved.
We've developed this feature to provide value, so overly non-constructive comments and bashing is not welcome. It's just noise that provides little to no value to anyone. We're hoping that this will be a feature that highlights the best theaters and also identifies those theaters that need to improve a little bit to deliver the best possible movie-going experience.
Thank you in advance for your contributions!
Updated October 23, 2009: Based on feedback, we added an "OK" rating to the scales.
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Went to Warrenton theater on firday night to see Snow White and the Huntsman...The theater we were in was very dirty..Popcorn thrown all over the floor..empty boxes on the floor, paper etc..Never have seen it like this before..It has always been very clean...hope this is not a regular thing!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.