Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Regal Cinemas L.A. LIVE Stadium 14
Los Angeles, CA
Add Your Comments
- Boston, MA: Museum of Science Opens 4-D Theater [7/31]
- Covington, LA: Movie Tavern Northshore Opening July 31, 2014 [7/25]
- Youngstown, OH: Cinemark Movies 8 Reopens as Boardman Movies 8 [7/18]
- "The Giver: World Premiere Red Carpet Event" Coming to Select Theaters Ahead of Movie's Release [7/14]
- Lansing, MI: Lansing Mall Gains Regal Cinema, Loses Lansing Mall Cinema [7/11]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Reopening Delayed [7/11]
- Towson, MD: Cinemark Towson and XD Opens Today [7/10]
- Warner Robins, GA: GTC Parkway 6 Cinemas to Close [7/9]
- Akron, OH: Nightlight Cinema Now Open [7/2]
- Lancaster, OH: Regal River Valley Mall 10 Closed [7/1]
An article in the Los Angeles Times talks about the new theater and how it has been designed especially to attract movie premieres by catering to the needs of VIP's with private entrances and a large 800-seat theater with space outside for red carpet arrivals:
AEG and Regal also are counting on the glam factor to help spur ticket sales.
The most distinctive feature is an 806-seat theater known as Regal Premiere House that AEG hopes will capture the lucrative business of movie premieres, which traditionally have been held at such theaters as the ArcLight and Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood.
Like the 13 other screens, the premiere theater includes the latest digital projection and sound systems and high-back reclining seats. It has its own private entrance and lobby in addition to a grand spiral staircase leading to the theater's balcony level.
An adjoining hotel ballroom with built-in kitchens will be used to host premiere parties, and a street can be closed for red-carpet events.
"We want to make sure that big premieres take place in L.A. and not New York or elsewhere in the world," Leiweke said.
Click the Read link below to view the entire article and some photos of the new theater.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.