Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Regal Cinemas L.A. LIVE Stadium 14
Los Angeles, CA
Add Your Comments
- Monterey, CA: Osio Theater Now Open [5/31]
- Watch Free Movies at Flagship Cinemas During "Camp Flagship 2016" [5/31]
- Free Summer Movies at Santikos Theatres [5/31]
- Watch Free Kid-Friendly Movies This Summer at Allen Theatres Locations [5/27]
- Kids Summer Movies at Megaplex Theatres - 10 Movies 10 Weeks for $10 [5/27]
- Watch Family Movies for Free at These Marquee Cinemas Locations [5/27]
- Frank Theatres Announces 2016 Summer Kids Series [5/27]
- Free Kids Movies at Cobb Theatres This Summer [5/27]
- Kid-Friendly Movies at Georgia Theatre Company Locations This Summer [5/27]
- $2 Movies at Malco Theatres' Kids Summer Film Fest Benefits Children's Hospitals [5/27]
An article in the Los Angeles Times talks about the new theater and how it has been designed especially to attract movie premieres by catering to the needs of VIP's with private entrances and a large 800-seat theater with space outside for red carpet arrivals:
AEG and Regal also are counting on the glam factor to help spur ticket sales.
The most distinctive feature is an 806-seat theater known as Regal Premiere House that AEG hopes will capture the lucrative business of movie premieres, which traditionally have been held at such theaters as the ArcLight and Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood.
Like the 13 other screens, the premiere theater includes the latest digital projection and sound systems and high-back reclining seats. It has its own private entrance and lobby in addition to a grand spiral staircase leading to the theater's balcony level.
An adjoining hotel ballroom with built-in kitchens will be used to host premiere parties, and a street can be closed for red-carpet events.
"We want to make sure that big premieres take place in L.A. and not New York or elsewhere in the world," Leiweke said.
Click the Read link below to view the entire article and some photos of the new theater.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.