Remove ads with our VIP Service
- The Blind Side 
- Bow Tie Ziegfeld Theater
New York, NY
Add Your Comments
- Lewisburg, WV: Lewisburg Cinema 8 Now Open [4/21]
- Fort Worth and Hurst, TX: Cinemark Upgrading Ridgmar 13 and North East Mall 18 Locations with Luxury Loungers [4/15]
- Chicago, IL: ArcLight Cinemas Opening in Lincoln Park in September 2015 [4/11]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Glen Stadium 10 Closes for ArcLight Cinemas Conversion - Reopening on May 1, 2015 [4/11]
- Bangor, ME: Bangor Drive-In to Reopen After 30 Years [4/9]
- Tyler, TX: Studio Movie Grill Set to Open in April 2015 [4/3]
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
Scheduled to attend are Sandra Bullock, Tim McGraw, Quinton Aaron, Lily Collins, Jae Head, director/screenwriter John Lee Hancock and producers Gil Netter, Andrew A. Kosove and Broderick Johnson. Also attending are Michael Lewis, author of The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game, Michael Oher, Leigh Anne Tuohy, Sean Tuohy, Collins Tuohy, and S.J. Tuohy. Other celebrity guests will be announced at a later time.
Celebrity arrivals will begin at 6pm and the screening will start at 7pm.
Teenager Michael Oher (Quinton Aaron) is surviving on his own, virtually homeless, when he is spotted on the street by Leigh Anne Tuohy (Sandra Bullock). Learning that the young man is one of her daughter’s classmates, Leigh Anne insists that Michael—wearing shorts and a t-shirt in the dead of winter—come out of the cold. Without a moment’s hesitation, she invites him to stay at the Tuohy home for the night.
What starts out as a gesture of kindness turns into something more as Michael becomes part of the Tuohy family despite the differences in their backgrounds. Living in his new environment, the teen faces a completely different set of challenges to overcome. And as the family helps Michael fulfill his potential, both on and off the football field, Michael's presence in the Tuohys' lives leads them to some insightful self-discoveries of their own.
The movie will open in theaters on Friday, November 20, 2009. We have the movie trailer and TV spots on our Trailers & Videos page, and a collection of photos can be viewed on the Photo Galleries page. Additional information about The Blind Side can be found on its Information Page.
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.