Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Galaxy Cannery
North Las Vegas, NV
- "The Interview" Release Scrapped [12/17]
- Des Moines, IA: Flix Brewhouse to Open in Merle Hay Mall December 17, 2014 [12/16]
- Des Moines, IA: Merle Hay Mall Cinema Closes, Flix Brewhouse to Open in Mall on Wednesday [12/16]
- Rocklin, CA: Studio Movie Grill Opening Soon [12/12]
- Baldwin, NY: Bow Tie Grand Avenue Cinemas Closed [12/11]
- Next James Bond Movie Has a Title: "Spectre" - Look at the Poster, the Car, see the Cast List, and watch the Announcement! [12/4]
- Carlsbad, CA: Moviemax Closes, Regal Carlsbad 12 Set to Open December 11, 2014 [12/3]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Theatres Takes Over Former Regal Glen 10 Location [11/18]
- Hornell, NY: Movie Theater to Reopen in December [11/18]
- West Valley City, UT: Carmike Ritz 15 - Hollywood Connection Closed [11/17]
The Galaxy Cannery in North Las Vegas, Nevada has installed 11 more D-BOX motion-enhanced seats, according to a press release from D-BOX Technologies last week. The theater installed 22 seats back in June 2009, making it the first movie theater in Nevada to have the technology.
"We are thrilled about our association with D-BOX Technologies and look forward to being able to accommodate more moviegoers seeking the D-BOX experience," said Rafe Cohen, President & COO of Galaxy Theatres. "D-BOX truly adds a new dimension to movies and has certainly been a draw for moviegoers who return to our theatre solely for the D-BOX experience thus driving additional revenues to our theatre."
D-BOX technology uses embedded codes in certain movies to move equipped seats in sync with the movie, providing a sensation of motion coordinating with the on-screen action.
Only eight movie theaters in North America currently have this technology installed:
- Mann Chinese 6 in Hollywood, California
- Ultrastar Cinemas Surprise Pointe 14 in Surprise, Arizona
- Theatres at Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota
- Galaxy Highland in Austin, Texas
- Galaxy Cannery in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Ultrastar Apple Valley in Apple Valley, California
- Cineplex Odeon Queensway in Toronto, Ontario
- Cinema Beloeil in Beloeil, Quebec
The Final Destination 3D was the first 3D movie released with D-BOX's Motion Code™ technology in August 2009, and currently, the animated Astro Boy is playing in D-BOX equipped theaters. The next movie to have it will be the disaster movie 2012 on November 13th.
Source: D-BOX Technologies Press Release
Have you experienced the D-BOX seats yourself?
Let us know what you thought of the experience and whether it was worth the upcharge imposed by the theater. Leave your comments below and let others know what you think!
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.