Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Theatres Takes Over Former Regal Glen 10 Location [11/18]
- Hornell, NY: Movie Theater to Reopen in December [11/18]
- West Valley City, UT: Carmike Ritz 15 - Hollywood Connection Closed [11/17]
- St. Charles, MO: AMC Streets of St Charles 8 Opening November 17, 2014 [11/14]
- Glenview, IL: Regal Glen 10 Closed [11/4]
- North Little Rock, AR: Cinemark Tandy Movies 10 Closed [11/4]
- Cincinnati, OH: The Screens at Cincinnati Mall Opens in Former Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Site [10/24]
- Aurora, CO: Aurora Movie Tavern Debuts New Amenities [10/24]
- El Monte, CA: Edwards El Monte 8 Closed [10/24]
- Neil Patrick Harris Announced as Host of 2015 Academy Awards Ceremony [10/15]
Cinemark will be celebrating the opening of their large-format "XD" auditoriums on Friday, November 6, 2009. The Century 16 Anchorage in Anchorage, Alaska and Century Evanston 18 in Evanston, Illinois will be playing Disney's A Christmas Carol in Disney Digital 3D on Friday in their new XD auditoriums, which have large, wall-to-wall and ceiling-to-floor screens and 30-speaker sound systems.
"We are very excited to introduce these new Cinemark XD, Extreme Digital Cinema auditoriums to our guests in Anchorage & Evanston," comments Alan Stock, Cinemark's Chief Executive Officer. "We have opened nine XD auditoriums and plan to open six more before the end of the year. We show the newest movies every week in these auditoriums, including Real D-3D pictures."
These new screens are the latest in a series of such openings that Cinemark has completed recently. Last week, XD auditoriums opened in Texas and Nevada and another in San Francisco, California.
Other theaters in West Jordan, Utah, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and Plano, Texas have seen openings of XD auditoriums as well. More are planned before the end of the year in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Union City and Daly City, California, Tucson, Arizona, Hanover, Maryland, and The Woodlands (Houston), Texas.
Source: Cinemark Press Release
Have you attended a movie in an XD auditorium?
The XD expansion has yet to reach Wisconsin, so we have yet to experience this ourselves, but we welcome any enhancement to movie theaters that improves the moviegoing experience. Please let others know what you thought of the experience by leaving your comments below!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.