Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Warren, MI: MJR Universal Grand Cinema 16 Expected to Open April 7, 2017 [3/22]
- Gibsonton, FL: Goodrich Riverview 14 GDX Now Open [3/21]
- Hilliard, OH: Movie Tavern - Mill Run Closing April 9, 2017 [3/10]
- Fernandina Beach, FL: B & B Theaters Amelia Island 7 Opens in Former Carmike Island 7 Space [3/10]
- Chicago, IL: Chatham 14 Theaters Becomes Studio Movie Grill - Chatham [3/8]
- Fallston, MD: Fallston Movies Opens March 9, 2017 [3/8]
- Omaha, NE: Dundee Theatre Staging a Comeback [3/7]
- Omaha, NE: Marcus Midtown Cinema Closing? [3/7]
- Doral, FL: Cobb CinéBistro at CityPlace Doral to Open March 17, 2017 [3/7]
- Robert Osborne, Beloved Host of Turner Classic Movies, Dies at 84 [3/6]
Wehrenberg Theatres has announced that they will be building a theater in Mankato, Minnesota.
The state-of-the-art theatre will be the largest in the area, boasting 12 screens and 44,000 sq. feet of entertainment. Each auditorium will feature stadium-seating, dynamic Dolby Digital Sound with sub-bass enhancement and wall-to-wall screens. In addition, all auditoriums will surround guests in the full comfort of Wehrenberg’s plush “snuggle-seats” with rockers. “Snuggle seats” allow guests to move their armrests up so they can snuggle next to loved ones during the feature. These seats also rock back, allowing guests to literally sit back and enjoy the action.
“Mankato is a great community for us to be a part of,” said Ronald Krueger, Chairman and CEO of Wehrenberg, Inc. “How fitting we announce our growth to a city so rich in history during our own 100th anniversary.”
An expanded Family Entertainment Area will house the most advanced electronic games along with the most popular redemption games, sure to engage children of all ages.
Of course, traditional concessions like hot, buttered popcorn, ice-cold soda and all the favorite candies will be available at the vast concession stands. Separate party rooms will be available for children’s birthday parties, and the spacious auditoriums are perfect for group and corporate events.
Celebrating its 100th Anniversary in 2006, St. Louis-based Wehrenberg Theatres is the oldest family-owned and operated theatre circuit in the U.S. Ronald P. Krueger, 3rd Generation, Chairman and Co-CEO of Wehrenberg Theatres. Ronald P. Krueger II, 4th Generation, President of Theatre Operations.
Source: Wehrenberg Theatres Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.