Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Batman Begins 
- The Blues Brothers 
- The Break-Up 
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off 
- My Best Friend's Wedding 
Add Your Comments
- Looking Back at "The Devil Wears Prada" 10 Years Later [6/25]
- See "Warcraft" and Get Free "World of Warcraft" Game [5/18]
- On the 20th Anniversary of "Twister" Check Out This Stormchaser Tornado Video [5/12]
- If You Have QuickTime for Windows, Read This Security Warning [4/15]
- Examining Some of What Makes the Score to "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" Great [2/23]
- Watch All Eight Best Picture Nominees at the Marcus Theatres Best Picture Festival [2/18]
- Watch All Eight Best Picture Nominees at AMC's Best Picture Showcase [2/18]
- Watch a Documentary About Making "The Revenant" [2/4]
- New York, NY: Martin Scorcese and Others Pay Their Respects to the Now-Closed Ziegfeld Theater [1/29]
- "The Revenant: The IMAX Experience" in Select Theaters Starting January 14, 2016 [1/14]
The Illinois Bureau of Tourism has created a web site called On Screen Illinois which highlights locations in Illinois featured in movies.
The web site covers recent movies, such as The Break-Up and Batman Begins, as well as older movies, like The Blues Brothers, While You Were Sleeping, My Best Friend's Wedding, and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. One omission that I noticed right away is Adventures in Babysitting, which featured many Chicago locations, but I think the site is far from comprehensive.
An interesting feature of the site is a podcast tour of Chicago, where you can download the audio tour for playing on your MP3 player and a movie tour map to guide you. Planning-challenged individuals can follow provided day-by-day itineraries in categories such as Big Hits, Romance, Adventure, and more.
The web site does a good job of providing visitors with an interesting array of information related to movies that have featured locations in the state. Kudos to the state of Illinois!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.