Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- "Reader Favorites" Listing Updated in Now Showing [8/5]
- Dolby Atmos Indications Added to Showtimes [7/25]
- Submit Your Ticket Price Reports for Movie Theaters! [7/4]
- Gift Shop Enhanced with More Selections for Downloading Movies and Music via iTunes [9/17]
- Finding Drive-Ins Made Easy [8/2]
- New Feature: Search for Theaters from the Past - See the history, tell your stories [6/30]
- Making It Easier to Sift Through Multiple Versions of the Same Movie [5/26]
- Canadian Postal Codes Now Supported [4/29]
- Now Listing Showtimes for All U.S. Theaters! [4/8]
- New ZIP Code Search Feature Makes Finding Theaters Easier [11/17]
We've just released a new tool that will make finding movie theaters even easier! The ZIP Code Search tool allows you to search for a city name and it will show you the ZIP codes for that city.
This feature makes it easy to find nearby theaters even when you don't know the ZIP code of the area you are looking in. This should be very helpful to those visiting other cities, saving you the need to find out the ZIP code first.
For example, say that you are visiting Chicago, but you don't know the ZIP code there. Using the ZIP Code Search tool, you can search for ZIP Codes in Chicago, and you'll get a list of all cities that have "Chicago" in their name. By clicking on the State in the listing, you can filter the results to just those in Illinois, for example.
Currently, the tool only directs you to a list of nearby theaters in The Marquee, and it has been added in the various places where you need to enter a ZIP code to find a list of nearby theaters, such as the aptly-named Nearby Theaters page in The Marquee.
In the future, this feature will be expanded to support ZIP code lookups when you looking for movie showtimes in Now Showing, and need a ZIP code to see a list of nearby theaters. Watch for those and other new features and enhancements to be announced in the near future!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.