Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Century Park Place Mall 20
- Century 20 Daly City
Daly City, CA
- Century 25 Union Landing and XD
Union City, CA
- Cinemark Egyptian 24 and XD
- Century Rio 24 Plex and XD
Add Your Comments
- Bedford, NY: Bow Tie Bedford Playhouse Closes [1/22]
- Ellsworth, ME: Maine Coast Cinemas 2 Closed [1/22]
- Clinton, MO: B & B Theatres Takes Over Missouri Cinema 6 [1/19]
- Marcus Theatres Adding Amenities to Select Locations [1/19]
- Kelso, WA: Regal Three Rivers Mall 12 & RPX Opens While Regal Three Rivers Mall 5 and Regal Triangle Cinemas 4 Close [1/16]
- 2015 Academy Award Nominations Announced [1/15]
- Students in Select Cities Can See "Selma" Free [1/13]
- Seattle, WA: Landmark Theatres Closes Varsity Theatre and Harvard Exit Locations [1/10]
- 2015 Academy Award Nominations to be Announced January 15, 2015 [1/9]
- Scranton, PA: Marquee Cinemas - Steamtown 8 Closed [12/31]
Cinemark is on a roll with opening their super-sized XD auditoriums! The company has announced that theaters in Arizona, California, Maryland, and New Mexico are now offering their large-format "XD" experience to customers.
The new XD-equipped locations include Century Park Place Mall 20 in Tucson, Arizona, Century Rio 24 in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Century Union City 25 in Union City and the Century 20 Daly City in Daly City, California (both in the San Francisco Bay Area), and the Cinemark Egyptian 24 in Hanover, Maryland.
The new auditoriums have wall-to-wall & ceiling-to-floor screens, plush seating, and remodeled viewing environments. JBL Sound Systems pump out digital sound via 30 speakers, and Digital Cinema Projection is handled by Barco digital projectors with a light output of 30,000 lumens.
"These Cinemark XD, Extreme Digital Cinema auditoriums engage all of your senses and pull you into the movie," comments Alan Stock, Cinemark’s Chief Executive Officer. "We have now opened fourteen XD auditoriums and plan to add one more before the end of the year. We show the newest & biggest movies every week in these auditoriums including 2D and Real D-3D pictures."
Cinemark has recently opened new Cinemark XD auditoriums in Evanston (Chicago), Illinois; Anchorage, Alaska; San Francisco, California; Pflugerville (Austin), Texas; El Paso, Texas; Las Vegas, Nevada; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Salt Lake City, Utah, and Plano (Dallas), Texas. One more is planned to open soon in Houston, Texas.
Source: Cinemark Press Release
Have you attended a movie in an XD auditorium?
The XD expansion has yet to reach Wisconsin, so we have yet to experience this ourselves, but we welcome any enhancement to movie theaters that improves the moviegoing experience. Please let others know what you thought of the experience by leaving your comments below!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.