Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- On Home Video: "Arrival" - February 14, 2017 [1/11]
- Gift Cards Make Great Gifts! [12/23]
- On Home Video: December 6, 2016 - Jason Bourne, The Secret Life of Pets, and more [12/7]
- Read the Book Before You See "The Shack" [12/5]
- Gift Cards for Theaters and Restaurants Make Great Gifts! [12/1]
- On Home Video: November 15, 2016 [11/16]
- Listen to the Soundtrack for "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" [11/14]
- Buy All Four Hunger Games Movies for $24.99 - 11/7/2016 Deal of the Day [11/7]
- Get the Music of "Trolls" - Purchase the Soundtrack [11/2]
- "Underworld" and "Resident Evil: Afterlife" Coming to 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray with HDR, Atmos Soundtracks [10/17]
Gift shop merchant is sending a little pre-Black Friday love our way by offering up a very attractive price on the LG BD-370 Blu-ray Player!
The current price for this player is $129.95, which is lower than I have ever seen it. The list price is $249.95, but it usually is listed for around $175-$200.
Click on the link below for more details and to purchase this item:
There's no indication that this price will last, and it's always possible that we'll see a lower price, but I'd very surprised if we do.
I have been looking for a good, basic Blu-ray player as a group gift for Christmas, and I narrowed the field to the Samsung BD-P1600, the LG BD370, and the Sony BDP-N460 because of their ability to stream Netflix Instant Watch videos. While the Samsung also has Pandora Radio, of which I'm also a big fan, the reviews aren't as good as the LG. The Sony has good reviews, but it has been hovering around $200, and its significant features seem to match the LG pretty closely.
When I saw the LG for this price, the decision made itself clear!
Like most other Blu-ray players in its price range, it needs an external USB flash drive to enable BD-Live features on Blu-ray discs. This requirement is baffling, but all the manufacturers do it, presumably as a cost-saving measure. While some players have a USB port in the back for adding a flash drive, unfortunately, the LG requires you to have it sticking out of the front of the unit. This is a silly requirement, IMO.
I picked up the highly-reviewed HP v100w 8 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive P-FD8GBHP100-EF for $17.99. A smaller drive would have done just as well, but getting the 8GB unit pretty much assures never having to worry about running out of space in the future. I'm a little concerned about how far this drive might stick out of the front of the player, but that will have to wait until they arrive to check it out.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.