Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- AMC Mayfair Mall 18
Add Your Comments
- Larchmont, NY: Bow Tie Larchmont Playhouse Closed [9/26]
- Allen, TX: Renovations Coming to Cinemark Allen 16 and XD [9/21]
- Danvers, MA: Hollywood Hits Theatre Closed [9/12]
- Chattanooga, TN: Regal Hamilton Place 8 Reopens [9/9]
- Waukee, IA: Proposed Theater Plans Include Largest IMAX Screen in U.S. [9/8]
- San Jose, CA: Camera 12 to Close Friday [9/8]
- Lexington, KY: Cinemark Movies 10 - Woodhill Closed [9/7]
- Oxford, ME: Flagship Cinemas Reopens as Luxury Theater [9/6]
- New York, NY: AMC Announces Reserved Seating at All Manhattan AMC Locations [9/1]
- Pleasant Hills, PA: Carmike Southland 9 Closed [8/25]
Movie Tickets at Best Price of the Day Before Noon Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays
Kansas City, Mo. (July 13, 2006) – AMC Theatres today announced the launch of A.M.Cinema, a new program providing early-morning guests the opportunity to see first-run movies at the best ticket price of the day. Beginning Friday, July 14, 2006, the program invites moviegoers to visit their local AMC theatre before noon Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays* to enjoy ticket prices of $4, $5 or $6 depending on the theatre and market. A.M.Cinema is available at more than 300 AMC theatres in the U.S. including AMC Loews theatres, AMC Star theatres, AMC Magic Johnson theatres and AMC Cineplex Odeon theatres. The program will also be offered at AMC's seven Canadian locations beginning Friday, July 21, 2006.
"A.M.Cinema creates a great value program for our guests during the morning hours," said Phil Singleton, president and chief operating officer of AMC Theatres. "At AMC we are passionate about our guests and the entertainment experience our theatres provide. We are always looking for ways to make the experience of going to a movie at an AMC theatre more accessible to more people."
AMC originally launched A.M.Cinema as a test program on March 17, 2006 in four select markets: Charlotte (N.C.); Columbus (Ohio); Denver; and Kansas City. The test program produced favorable results and positive guest feedback, prompting A.M.Cinema to be rolled out circuit-wide.
A.M.Cinema is yet another example of AMC's long-standing tradition as an exhibition innovator. An industry leader since 1920, AMC is known for its commitment to guest satisfaction and is credited with many of the industry's major innovations, including the multiplex and megaplex.
*Check local listings during holiday periods for A.M.Cinema showtimes.
About AMC Entertainment Inc.
AMC Entertainment Inc. is a worldwide leader in the theatrical exhibition industry. With a history of industry leadership and innovation dating back to the early 1900s, the company today serves more than 250 million guests annually through interests in 413 theatres and 5,603 screens in 11 countries including the United States. The company is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri.
Source: AMC Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.