Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- New Photos and Videos Added for "Terminator Genisys" [6/29]
- Check out the Trailer for "Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials" [5/19]
- New Photos Added for "Hot Pursuit" [5/6]
- 40 New Photos and the Latest Trailer Added for "Mad Max: Fury Road" [5/1]
- Check Out the Upcoming LEGO Movie Release Dates [4/21]
- "Pan" Moves to October 2015 [4/21]
- Watch the New Teaser Trailer for "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" [4/16]
- Lots of New Videos Added for "Avengers: Age of Ultron" - Including the World Premiere on April 13, 2015 [4/14]
- Watch the New Trailer and See New Photos for "Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation" [3/23]
- "Selma" Being Re-Released in Theaters March 20th [3/20]
Twenty photos have been added for the upcoming drama Invictus, which stars Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman and is directed by Clint Eastwood.
The new photos show scenes from the movie, where Morgan Freeman plays Nelson Mandela, the newly-elected president of South Africa, who joined forces with the captain of South Africa's rugby team (Matt Damon) to help unite their country, which remains racially and economically divided in the wake of apartheid. Believing he can bring his people together through the universal language of sport, Mandela rallies South Africa's underdog rugby team as they make an unlikely run to the 1995 World Cup Championship match.
At first glance, the storyline for this movie doesn't seem all that interesting; just another historical drama with a sports twist. But when you consider the fact that four-time Oscar winner Clint Eastwood is at the helm, and Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon know what they're doing as well (both have won Oscars themselves, Freeman got one of his for his role in Million Dollar Baby, which was also directed by Eastwood), this becomes a movie of greater interest!
The movie opens next Friday, December 11th, and showtimes and advance tickets are already available for opening day.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.