Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- On Home Video: "The Angry Birds Movie" - August 16, 2016 [8/16]
- On Home Video: "Me Before You" - August 30, 2016 (Digital Purchase Available Now) [8/16]
- Purchase "The Bourne Classified Collection" for $19.99 and Get a $5 Amazon Gift Card [8/1]
- On Home Video: "Aliens" 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Set - September 16, 2016 [7/25]
- On Home Video: Miles Davis Drama "Miles Ahead" - July 19, 2016 [7/20]
- On Home Video: "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" Ultimate Edition - July 19, 2016 [7/19]
- On Home Video: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" - July 12, 2016 [7/12]
- Get a Free Copy of "Independence Day" from FandangoNOW - 6/10/16 - 6/12/16 Only [6/10]
- Check Out the Hologram TIE Fighter and Millenium Falcon on this Vinyl Release of the Soundtrack for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" [6/8]
- Catch Up on the Bourne Movies Before the Release of "Jason Bourne" - 4 Movies for $23.99 at Amazon.com [6/1]
Looking for a good deal on an HDTV this holiday season? How does a 50" rear projection set for $99 sound to you?
If you're the winner of this eBay auction, it could be yours!
Here are the details:
Samsung HL-S5086W 50 in. HDTV DLP TV
Samsung’s 50" Widescreen DLP® TV delivers the ultimate HDTV experience in true 1280 x 720p resolution. You''ll enjoy lifelike, razor-sharp pictures in stunning color, contrast and clarity, thanks to the ultra-fast DLP and Brilliant Color™ technology and the DLP chip from Texas Instruments. A contrast ratio of up to 2500:1 captures blacker blacks, crisper whites and images that burst into life. And the unparalleled speed of the DLP chip, with millions of tiny mirrors that switch on & off over 15,000 times per second, delivers a precise, razor-sharp picture making the HL-S5086W ideal for sports, fast-action video and gaming.
|Front Input Connectors||Audio (RCA) x 1, Composite x 1, USB Port|
|Rear Input Connectors||Audio (RCA) x 2, Component x 2, Composite x 2, HDMI x 2, RF x 1, S-Video x 2|
|TV Supported Resolutions||1080i (HDTV), 480i (SDTV), 480p (EDTV), 720p (HDTV)|
(W X D X H)
|45.4 in. x 15.6 in. x 32.3 in.|
This HDTV was purchased new in 2007 and has been in the same smoke-free home since. The cabinet is in excellent shape, with no scuffs, scratches, or other imperfections. The screen is also in perfect shape, with no marks or imperfections.
Picture quality is really good, as DLP is known for providing excellent images. It's nice to be able to switch between video modes so that daytime viewing projects a good image, and you can switch to Movie mode for nighttime viewing when you don't need such a bright picture. This TV works equally well for watching football games and other programs during the day, and for watching movies at night! Sound quality is on par with most TV's but the TV was in a system with external speakers, so the internal speakers were rarely used.
The wide array of connections make it very convenient to connect various source components, such as an HD-DVR, a DVD player, a Blu-ray player/PlayStation3, a VCR, and more. The built-in HDTV tuner makes it possible to receive over-the-air HDTV for free. The Wiselink USB port is handy for showing off vacation photos and running slideshows at parties, while the PC input even allows for browsing the web on the big screen!
Included with this 50" HDTV is the original manual, quick setup guide, remote, and detachable power cord. No additional cables are included.
Aesthetically, one of the best features of this TV is that the bezel surrounding the screen is very narrow. As you can see in the photos, there is very little cabinet surrounding the screen, so you have the benefits of a 50" screen without the added bulk of a large cabinet! Combined with the angled back of the cabinet, the TV didn't seem that much bigger than the 32" CRT that it replaced, which was an important feature for the main living space. The shape of the back of the cabinet also makes it ideal for corner placement; while the front measures 45.4" wide, the back only measures 30.5", which allows it to tuck into a corner quite easily.
Occasionally, there is a whining noise that comes from the back of the TV. I have been told that this may be from the spinning color wheel making noise, but it has not been diagnosed professionally. I briefly considered replacing it myself after finding a source for the part and instructions for the procedure online, but didn't pursue it. This didn't bother my wife, but I noticed it.
Because this is a TV, local pickup is the only option. It is located in the southwest surburban Milwaukee area.
This auction ends on December 21, 2009 at 13:58:15 PST, so if you're interested, please bid early and bid often!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.