Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- The Book of Eli 
- TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX
Add Your Comments
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
- Variety: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" to Skip Theaters, Launch as a TV Movie and Spinoff Series [7/21]
- Falmouth, ME: Flagship Premium Cinemas Now Open [7/20]
- AMC Theatres to Acquire Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group, the Largest Theater Chain in Europe [7/13]
- Westbrook, ME: Prides Corner Drive-In Not Yet Open for 2016, Future is Uncertain [7/13]
- Menomonee Falls, WI: Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas Getting Take Five and Zaffiro's [6/30]
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
- Thousand Oaks, CA: Regal Janss Marketplace 9 Grand Opening on June 9, 2016 [6/8]
Warner Bros. announced this week that the Los Angeles Premiere of the upcoming action movie The Book of Eli will take place on Monday, January 11, 2010 at Mann Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California.
Attending the premiere will be Denzel Washington, Gary Oldman, Mila Kunis, Ray Stevenson and Jennifer Beals; Directors Allen Hughes and Albert Hughes; Screenwriter Gary Whitta; and Producers Joel Silver, Broderick Johnson, Andrew A. Kosove. Celebrity guests will include Bow Wow, Common, Too $hort, and others.
The celebrities will begin arriving at 6pm and the screening begins at 7pm.
In the not-too-distant future, some 30 years after the final war, a solitary man (Denzel Washington) walks across the wasteland that was once America. Empty cities, broken highways, seared earth—all around him, the marks of catastrophic destruction. There is no civilization here, no law. The roads belong to gangs that would murder a man for his shoes, an ounce of water…or for nothing at all.
But they're no match for this traveler.
A warrior not by choice but necessity, Eli seeks only peace but, if challenged, will cut his attackers down before they realize their fatal mistake. It's not his life he guards so fiercely but his hope for the future; a hope he has carried and protected for 30 years and is determined to realize. Driven by this commitment and guided by his belief in something greater than himself, Eli does what he must to survive—and continue.
Denzel Washington as Eli in the action adventure movie The Book of Eli, a
Warner Bros. Pictures release. © 2009 Alcon Film Fund, LLC. All Rights Reserved
View more photos
The Book of Eli opens in theaters nationwide on Friday, January 15, 2010, and showtimes are already available for select theaters! You can view showtimes and purchase tickets on the Showtimes page, and be sure to check out the 22 photos, trailers and videos, and other information, including links to the official web site, the IMDb, cast listing, and more that we have for the movie!
Source: Warner Bros. Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.