Remove ads with our VIP Service
- As It Is in Heaven (Sa som i himmelen) 
- Au Revoir les Enfants 
- Departures (Okuribito) 
- Good Dick 
- Seraphine 
- To Our Love (A Nous Amours) 
- Wendy and Lucy 
Add Your Comments
- High-Def Digest Goes Hands-On with a Pioneer Dolby Atmos Sound System [9/30]
- Integra Delivers Firmware Update to Enable Dolby Atmos [9/30]
- Onkyo Delivers Firmware Update to Enable Dolby Atmos [9/30]
- Denon Announces New X-Series Network A/V Receivers, Dolby Atmos Support [7/24]
- Dolby Publishes More Information About Home Version of Dolby Atmos [6/28]
- Yamaha Elevates Premium AVENTAGE AV Receivers with Next Gen Features Including Dolby Atmos® [6/25]
- Onkyo Announces High-End and Mid-Range A/V Components with Dolby Atmos Sound [6/23]
- Integra High-End and Mid-Range A/V Components to support Dolby Atmos [6/23]
- Dolby Announces Availability of Dolby Atmos in the Home [6/23]
- A Product That Redefines a Backyard Home Theater Project [1/29]
Video rental service and Gift Shop merchant Netflix announced a deal this week that will bring more than 300 independent movies to its Instant Watch streaming video service. The movies will be coming from distributors The Criterion Collection, Gravitas Ventures, Kino Lorber, Music Box Films, Oscilloscope Laboratories, and Regent Releasing.
A sampling of the new movies as mentioned the press release include:
- Departures - Yojiro Takita's 2009 Academy Award® winner for best foreign language film
- Wendy and Lucy - the poignant 2008 tale of a woman and her dog on the edge starring Academy Award nominee Michelle Williams
- A Nos Amours and Au Revoir Les Enfants - two classics of French independent cinema
- Good Dick - a modern fairy tale from 2008 written by, directed and starring Scottish-born Marianna Palka
- As It Is in Heaven - the 2004 Swedish hit and foreign language Oscar nominee about a famous conductor and the church choir he inspires
- Seraphine - the 2009 biopic about the brilliant, self-taught French painter Seraphine Louis
Some are available now, and others will be available later this year.
Instant Watch has become a very popular aspect of the Netflix service. It was introduced in January 2008, and now has a large selection of movies and TV shows that can be watched on your computer as well as various Netflix-enabled devices, including several Blu-ray players (like the LG BD 370), TVs, the Xbox 360 and PS3 game consoles (Nintendo Wii coming this Spring), and set-top boxes like the Roku HD Player.
Any Netflix membership of $8.99 or higher includes the Instant Watch feature at no additional charge, which makes it a nice value-added option for Netflix members.
If you already have a membership, you can try it out now!
If you haven't yet tried Netflix, click here to get a free trial of the service, which includes access to the Instant Watch feature!
Source: Netflix Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.