Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Buy Advance Tickets Now for "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" [10/13]
- The New Blade Runner Movie Has a Title: "Blade Runner 2049" [10/6]
- Muller Family Theatres Locations Rebranded as Emagine [10/6]
- New Photos and Videos Added for "The Girl on the Train" [9/30]
- Photos and Videos Added for "Deepwater Horizon" [9/26]
- Watch the New Trailer for "Passengers" Starring Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt [9/20]
- "Avengers: Infinity War" No Longer Two Parts, Hopefully Marking the End of Two-Parters [8/1]
- Watch the Trailers and Videos from Comic-Con! [7/28]
- Watch the Newest Trailer for "Star Trek Beyond" [6/27]
- New Photos and Videos Added for "The Legend of Tarzan" [6/25]
Martin Scorsese's upcoming mystery drama Shutter Island opens in theaters on Friday, February 19th and we have 13 new videos for the movie, compliments of Paramount Pictures!
Along with the TV Spot that aired during the Super Bowl, we also have interviews with Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio, Sir Ben Kingsley, and writer David Lehane, as they talk about the process of making the movie and working with each other. This is the third time that Scorsese and DiCaprio have worked together (Gangs of New York, The Aviator, and The Departed), so we get to hear some background on what attracted them to working on this project.
Check out all the videos on the Trailers & Videos page for Shutter Island!
In addition to the videos, we also have almost two dozen photos from the movie for your viewing pleasure on the Photo Gallery page.
Shutter Island is one of those movies that might not get attention if not for the cast and crew behind the movie. The trailer doesn't blow me away, and the fact that the movie was delayed from its original release date usually doesn't bode well.
However, Scorsese and DiCaprio have been involved in several award-winning movies, Scorsese has an Oscar sitting on his mantel, and DiCaprio has been nominated three times. Supporting actor Sir Ben Kingsley is also no stranger to awards ceremonies, and Michelle Williams, Max von Sydow, Patricia Clarkson, and Jackie Earle Haley are all Academy Award nominees as well.
Which is why we provide our readers with all of this information, so you have the resources you need to make the decision about whether to see a movie.
If you've decided that Shutter Island will be part of your plans, head on over to the Showtimes page for opening day, where select theaters have already posted advance showtimes and are offering tickets for purchase online!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.