Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Digiplex Surprise Pointe 14
- Digiplex Apple Valley
Apple Valley, CA
- Chinese 6 Theatres
- Digiplex Mission Marketplace
- Digiplex Poway
- UltraStar Mission Valley at Hazard Center
San Diego, CA
- Cinema Hollywood
Birch Run, MI
- Emagine Canton
- Theatres at Mall of America
- Wehrenberg Ronnie's 20 Cine
St. Louis, MO
- Galaxy Cannery
North Las Vegas, NV
- Cineplex Odeon - Queensway
- Cinema Beloeil
- Galaxy Highland
- Santikos Silverado 16
San Antonio, TX
- Santikos Silverado IMAX
- Galaxy Uptown
Gig Harbor, WA
- Galaxy Monroe
Add Your Comments
- Lansing, IL: Digiplex to Acquire Lansing Cinema 8 [4/9]
- Milwaukee, WI: Watch "The Wizard of Oz" with a Live Orchestra [4/8]
- Milwaukee, WI: New Sign Proposed for Avalon Theatre, July 2014 Opening Planned [3/31]
- Los Angeles, CA: Regency Village Theatre to Host Los Angeles Premiere of "Trancscendence" [3/26]
- Bel Air, MD: Flagship Cinemas - Churchville Sold to Digiplex [3/24]
- San Diego, CA: Digiplex Mission Valley Becomes UltraStar Location Again [3/18]
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
- Buffalo, NY: North Park Theatre to Reopen March 7, 2014 [3/4]
The upcoming action/adventure movie Clash of the Titans 3D, will have the ability to move theater audiences using the D-BOX motion seating system that is available at a few theaters in North America and Japan.
"Warner Bros. continues to be one of our greatest studio supporters," said President and Chief Executive Officer of D-BOX Technologies, Claude Mc Master. "While this is the second 3-D motion picture release to feature the D-BOX experience, with Clash of the Titans it is on a larger scale given our North American expansion over the past months. The combination of D-BOX's precision motion effects with the added element of 3-D cinematography enhances the movie viewing experience, creating a truly realistic, multi-dimensional event for audiences."
The first 3D movie to feature D-BOX compatibility was The Final Destination 3D last August. D-BOX just announced this week that the next movie to feature its motion capability will be Disney's Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, which opens on May 28, 2010.
Only 18 movie theaters in North America are equipped with D-BOX seating (see the list to the right), so you're going to have to do some hunting around to find the one that's closest to you. Keep in mind that theaters usually charge a premium for "enhanced experiences" like this, so prepare to spend a little more money if you want your seat in motion. For example, the Theatres at Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota is charging an additional $7.00 for an adult non-matinee D-BOX seat for Clash of the Titans 3D, bringing the total ticket price to $19.50!
We are able to display D-BOX indications for so-equipped shows, so if the theater provides that information, you'll see it in the showtimes associated with that theater. We do have some advance showtimes, so feel free to check them out for opening day to see what's available!
Have You Seen a Movie with D-BOX?
What did you think of the experience? Was it worth the extra price? Let us know by leaving your comments below!
Source: D-BOX Technologies, Inc. Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.