Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Rave Cinemas Davenport 53 + IMAX
Add Your Comments
- Pittsburgh, PA: Cinemark North Hills and XD to Open September 19, 2014 [9/17]
- North Haven, CT: Rave Cinemas North Haven 12 to be Replaced by New 14-Screen Cinemark Theater in 2015 [9/12]
- Birmingham, MI: Palladium 12 Closed [9/9]
- Chula Vista, CA: AMC Chula Vista 10 Now Open [9/8]
- "Gone with the Wind" Returning to Theaters Ahead of Home Video Release for 75th Anniversary [9/3]
- Sunrise, FL: Frank Theatres - Sunrise 11 Closed [9/2]
- "The Maze Runner" Gets Wider with Extra Screens in "Escape" Theaters [8/29]
- Waynesville, MO: B & B Waynesville Patriot 12 & GS Opens August 29, 2014, Waynesville Cinema 8 Closed [8/28]
- Indianapolis, IN: Cinemark Washington Market 8 Closed [8/28]
- Streator, IL: Majestic Theatre Closed, Up For Sale [8/26]
As part of the purchase by Rave Motion Pictures of 28 theaters owned by National Amusements, the Showcase Cinemas 53 in Davenport, Iowa will re-open as the Rave Motion Pictures Davenport 53 on Friday, March 26, 2010.
Rave Cinemas, LLC. out of Dallas, Texas announced in December 2009 that it would be acquiring up to 40 movie theaters, including 35 from National Amusements.
The Quad-City Times reports that the first branding changes will be seen inside the theater, with uniforms and soda cups getting the Rave Motion Pictures name. The soda will also be changed from Pepsi to Coca-Cola products. The marquee along 53rd Street will be changed within about six weeks:
The changes are the most noticeable yet in a 200-day process that began with the purchase in December. There may be some changes to the building itself that will be noticeable to movie-goers, Devine said.
Behind the scenes, changes will be made to allow more digital and 3-D transmissions and to move away from 35mm projectors.
Click the Read link below to view the entire article.
The newly branded theater will also be selling tickets online through our ticketing partner, movietickets.com, so you will be able to buy your tickets in advance and avoid the box office lines!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.