Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Sherlock Holmes 
Add Your Comments
- Yamaha Announces RX-A 60 Series AVENTAGE AV Receivers [5/17]
- Yamaha Announces RX-V 81 Series A/V Receivers, Featuring Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and 4K Ultra HD [4/6]
- Yamaha Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware Updates [4/6]
- DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Update for More Marantz Models Now Available [3/3]
- Denon Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware Update for AVR-X4200W and AVR-X6200W [2/18]
- Yamaha Announces Spring 2016 Timeframe for DTS:X Firmware Updates for Select AV Receivers, AV Processor, and Sound Bars [2/17]
- DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Update for the Marantz AV8802A Now Available [2/4]
- Denon Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware for AVR-X7200WA [1/28]
- Denon Plans DTS:X Firmware Upgrades in January/February 2016, Marantz in February/March [12/17]
- Adding Height Speakers for a Dolby Atmos Installation - Comparison Test [9/17]
Sherlock Holmes, starring Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law, is being released on DVD and Blu-ray tomorrow, March 30, 2010. If you purchase the movie on Blu-ray, you'll have the chance to watch the movie and chat with Robert Downey, Jr. on Thursday, April 1st!
You can buy the Blu-ray from Gift Shop merchant Amazon.com for $24.99, which is 31% off the $35.99 list price. It comes with a DVD and digital copy as well as the Blu-ray disc, so it provides quite a bit of value for a fun movie!
Here are the details from the announcement by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment:
Watch and listen as Robert Downey, Jr. answers questions about the reinvention of the classic master sleuth during an audio-enabled Live Community Screening (LCS) exclusive to owners of the Sherlock Holmes Blu-ray Combo Pack. Star Robert Downey, Jr. will answer questions during the Sherlock Holmes LCS on April 1, 2010, the third Warner Bros. LCS to feature real-time audio to enhance the interactive experience.
The LCS, which showcases the expansive capabilities and interactivity offered with Blu-ray and Warner Bros. BD-Live, will take place on April 1st at 9:00PM EST (6:00PM PST) live from Los Angeles. The LCS will allow users of BD-Live capable Blu-ray players to simultaneously watch the movie with Robert Downey, Jr. and hear an interactive Q&A where fans can submit questions about the blockbuster film, directly from their homes. The LCS will also post questions and answers in text form.
Warner Bros. BD-Live community members who have registered and signed up at the Sherlock Holmes LCS registration page - www.SherlockHolmesBlurayEvent.com - will receive an emailed invitation to participate in the event. WB BD-Live registered users who own the Blu-ray Disc and have signed up for the BD-Live LCS event will be able to insert the disc, connect to WB BD-Live and logon to the LCS at this designated time to participate in this exciting event.
BD-Live is only accessible through a BD-Live enabled Blu-ray Disc™ played on an Internet-connected Blu-ray player (including PlayStation®3) with BD-Live capabilities and sufficient data storage. Please consult your Player Manual or Player Support Website for more information.
Sherlock Holmes has made his reputation finding the truth at the heart of the most complex mysteries. With the aid of Dr. John Watson, his trusted ally, the renowned "consulting detective" is unequaled in his pursuit of criminals of every stripe, whether relying on his singular powers of observation, his remarkable deductive skills, or the blunt force of his fists.
But now a storm is gathering over London, a threat unlike anything that Holmes has ever confronted...and just the challenge he's looking for.
After a string of brutal, ritualistic murders, Holmes and Watson arrive just in time to save the latest victim and uncover the killer: the unrepentant Lord Blackwood. As he approaches his scheduled hanging, Blackwood--who has terrorized inmates and jailers alike with his seeming connection to dark and powerful forces--warns Holmes that death has no power over him and, in fact, his execution plays right into Blackwood's plans.
And when, by all indications, Blackwood makes good on his promise, his apparent resurrection panics London and confounds Scotland Yard. But to Holmes, the game is afoot.
Racing to stop Blackwood's deadly plot, Holmes and Watson plunge into a world of the dark arts and startling new technologies, where logic is sometimes the best crime-fighting weapon...but where a good right hook will often do the job.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.