Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Arcata, CA: Minor Theatre Closed [2/9]
- Heath, OH: Regal Indian Mound 11 to Reopen in April as AMC Indian Mound Mall 9 [2/8]
- Sarasota, FL: Cobb CineBistro at Westfield Southgate Opening Friday, February 12, 2016 [2/5]
- Silverdale, WA: Regal Silverdale Cinemas 4 Closed [2/4]
- Closter, NJ: Bow Tie Closter Cinemas Closed [2/3]
- San Diego, CA: Reading Cinemas Gaslamp 15 Closed [2/2]
- East Windsor, NJ and Berlin, CT: Carmike Cinemas Acquires Two Former Starplex Cinemas Locations from AMC [2/2]
- Santa Monica, CA: Laemmle's Monica Fourplex Now Open as Laemmle Monica Film Center [2/2]
- Newark, CA: AMC NewPark 12 Now Open [2/2]
- Hawthorne, NY: All Westchester Saw Mill Multiplex Cinemas Closed, Car Dealership Coming [1/29]
Cinemark opened new XD large format screens last week at the Cinemark at Legacy in Plano, Texas, the Century Stadium 25 in Orange, California, and Century 20 Oakridge in San Jose, California, according to a press release issued by the company this week.
As with other recently-opened XD auditoriums recently, moviegoers at each of these locations will be greeted with a large wall-to-wall and ceiling-to-floor screen (of unspecified size), plush seats, and a JBL sound system. Digital Cinema Projection is being handled by a Barco projector. These new installations are capable of showing 2D and 3D movies.
"Our new Cinemark XD auditoriums have become very popular with our customers across the country," comments Alan Stock, Cinemark’s Chief Executive Officer. "The Legacy theatre's new XD auditorium is the second in our home market of Dallas/Ft. Worth. The Orange County location is Cinemark’s first in the greater Los Angeles area, which gives us the opportunity to showcase Cinemark XD to our customers as well as the film studios and creative community. And our San Jose XD auditorium is Cinemark's fourth one to open in Northern California."
Source: Cinemark Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.