Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Cinemark Robinson Township
- Rave Cinemas Pittsburgh North 11
- Rave Motion Pictures Pittsburgh West 12
Add Your Comments
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Opening August 19, 2016 [7/26]
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
- Variety: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" to Skip Theaters, Launch as a TV Movie and Spinoff Series [7/21]
- Falmouth, ME: Flagship Premium Cinemas Now Open [7/20]
- AMC Theatres to Acquire Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group, the Largest Theater Chain in Europe [7/13]
- Westbrook, ME: Prides Corner Drive-In Not Yet Open for 2016, Future is Uncertain [7/13]
- Menomonee Falls, WI: Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas Getting Take Five and Zaffiro's [6/30]
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
The Beaver County Times is reporting that the Showcase Cinemas Pittsburgh West in Robinson Township (Pittsburgh), Pennsylvania will be closing on April 15, 2010:
Showcase West failed to keep pace with cinema chains such as Cinemark, which opened new theaters, including one in Center Township, with optimum view, stadium-style seating.
Showcase West’s days became numbered once Cinemark built a new theater three miles away in Robinson.
Click the Read link below to view the entire article.
According to another article on the subject in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, moviegoers with gift cards for the theater will be able to use them at that theater until its closure on April 15th and at the Showcase Cinemas Pittsburgh North until December 17th. No refunds will be issued.
The theater has been open for 32 years, and it was purchased recently by Rave Motion Pictures in a deal that was announced back in December.
The Cinemark Robinson Township is located in the Settlers Ridge Center, just a few miles southeast of the Showcase Cinema, so moviegoers won't have far to go when the summer blockbusters start opening early next month.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.