Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Cinemark Movies 10 - Redding
Add Your Comments
- Covington, LA: Movie Tavern Northshore Opening July 31, 2014 [7/25]
- Youngstown, OH: Cinemark Movies 8 Reopens as Boardman Movies 8 [7/18]
- "The Giver: World Premiere Red Carpet Event" Coming to Select Theaters Ahead of Movie's Release [7/14]
- Lansing, MI: Lansing Mall Gains Regal Cinema, Loses Lansing Mall Cinema [7/11]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Reopening Delayed [7/11]
- Towson, MD: Cinemark Towson and XD Opens Today [7/10]
- Warner Robins, GA: GTC Parkway 6 Cinemas to Close [7/9]
- Akron, OH: Nightlight Cinema Now Open [7/2]
- Lancaster, OH: Regal River Valley Mall 10 Closed [7/1]
- Beloit, WI: Luxury 10 Cinemas Gets New Owner [6/30]
The Cinemark Movies 10 - Redding in Redding, California will likely need a name change to "Movies 14" in the next few months, if their plans for an expansion that includes four new screens continue on schedule.
The Redding Record Searchlight published a story by David Benda yesterday that talked about the expansion under way at the theater:
Cinemark USA’s makeover of its Movies 10 complex on Old Alturas Road will expand the theater to nearly 50,000 square feet, adding four screens with 666 seats and converting the existing 10 screens to stadium seating.
The Dallas-based theater company in March pulled a $4 million permit for the project, which is expected to be complete by mid-August.
Cinemark already has converted five of the 10 existing theaters to stadium seating, project manager Chuck Pringle of Warfield Construction said Monday. Movies 10 remains open during construction.
The remodel of the existing 10 theaters should be nearly complete in early May, Pringle said.
“We should have the remodel about 80 percent complete for ‘Iron Man (2)’, which is May 7,” Pringle said by phone from his Sacramento office. “We will probably still have some work to do on the concession area. But our goal is to have the concessions done because ‘Iron Man’ is expected to be a big draw.”
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
Part of the expansion is one of Cinemark's big-screen XD auditoriums, which they have been building across the country (the most recent California openings were in late March in Orange and San Jose). The XD concept offers customers a large wall-to-wall and ceiling-to-floor screen, plush seats, and a JBL sound system. Digital Cinema Projection is typically handled by a Barco projector, which is capable of showing 2D and 3D movies. 15 locations in the United States already have XD audtioriums, and another 25 are planned for 2010.
Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like the XD auditorium is going to ready for the summer blockbusters, including Iron Man 2 on May 7th.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.