Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- The Dark Knight Rises 
- The Dark Knight 
- The Dark Knight: The IMAX Experience 
- Inception 
- Inception: The IMAX Experience 
Add Your Comments
- Buy Advance Tickets Now for "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" [10/13]
- The New Blade Runner Movie Has a Title: "Blade Runner 2049" [10/6]
- Muller Family Theatres Locations Rebranded as Emagine [10/6]
- New Photos and Videos Added for "The Girl on the Train" [9/30]
- Photos and Videos Added for "Deepwater Horizon" [9/26]
- Watch the New Trailer for "Passengers" Starring Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt [9/20]
- "Avengers: Infinity War" No Longer Two Parts, Hopefully Marking the End of Two-Parters [8/1]
- Watch the Trailers and Videos from Comic-Con! [7/28]
- Watch the Newest Trailer for "Star Trek Beyond" [6/27]
- New Photos and Videos Added for "The Legend of Tarzan" [6/25]
Warner Bros. Pictures announced that the next installment of the Batman franchise, which we've temporarily named Batman 3, will be released on July 20, 2012.
The movie will see the return of many of the principals that made The Dark Knight a hit back in 2008. Christopher Nolan returns in the director's chair, Jonathan Nolan and David S. Goyer will be doing writing duties, and Wall Pfister will be the Cinematographer (he received an Academy Award nomination for The Dark Knight). The cast listing so far also shows familiar names, including Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine, and Morgan Freeman. We can only hope that Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard will be back to write another amazing score.
There's no mention of a storyline yet, or when production will begin. Will there be a single villain, or an ensemble? At this point, we don't know. Will Nolan up the ante and make even more of the movie using IMAX cameras? I certainly hope so, but at this point, we don't know.
Answers to everyone's questions will be forthcoming, but there's a lot of time between now and the release date for the movie (809 days if you want to start keeping track). Nolan has to get Inception out the door first (it's being released on July 16th), and then I'm sure that his attention will swing towards all things Batman.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.