Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Cinemark Egyptian 24 and XD
Add Your Comments
- "The Maze Runner" Gets Wider with Extra Screens in "Escape" Theaters [8/29]
- Waynesville, MO: B & B Waynesville Patriot 12 & GS Opens August 29, 2014, Waynesville Cinema 8 Closed [8/28]
- Indianapolis, IN: Cinemark Washington Market 8 Closed [8/28]
- Streator, IL: Majestic Theatre Closed, Up For Sale [8/26]
- Frostburg, MD: R/C Theatres Closes R/C Cinemas 1-2-3, Employees Launch Effort to Reopen [8/25]
- Teicher Theatres Closes All Locations [8/25]
- Santa Monica, CA: Watch the Extended Versions of All Three LOTR Movies at the Aero Theatre on August 30, 2014 [8/21]
- Lodi, CA: Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas Temporarily Closed for Bedbugs [8/20]
- Hollywood, CA: World Premiere of "If I Stay" on August 20, 2014 at Chinese Theatre [8/20]
- Carmike Completes Acquisition of Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. [8/19]
On May 3, 2010, Cinemark announced that it had completed the improvements it was making to the Cinemark Egyptian 24 and XD in Hanover, Maryland.
The most noteworthy change comes in the form of the addition of an XD auditorium. XD is Cinemark's big-screen concept which offers a large wall-to-wall, ceiling-to-floor screen, a custom JBL sound system that contains 24 speakers with digital sound, 400 new seats, and a Digital Cinema Projection system which enables it to play both 2D and RealD 3D movies.
The concession stand also received some attention, with a redesigned concession area that offers self-serve Orville Redenbacher popcorn, kettle corn, mini Angus cheeseburgers, chicken tenders, buffalo wings, Freschetta pizzas, hot dogs, nachos, and more. The drink selection includes Coca-Cola products, Dasani and Fuze bottled water, and ICEE drinks. A full-service Café Cinema features hand-dipped Edy's ice cream, milkshakes, and espresso drinks.
"The Egyptian has long been a well-loved theatre in the Hanover community, and Cinemark is thrilled to provide customers with a fresh experience of the entertainment venue they've grown to love, while providing some new, exciting amenities that are sure to become favorite features," comments Alan Stock, Cinemark’s Chief Executive Officer. "These state-of-the-art updates and our new Cinemark XD screen provide a premium viewing experience for the summer's big films like Iron Man 2, Robin Hood, Sex and the City 2, and Toy Story 3."
For more information, including showtimes, area dining options, related news stories, and more, please see the Information Page for the Cinemark Egyptian 24 and XD.
Source: Cinemark Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.