Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Shrek Forever After 
- Shrek Forever After: An IMAX 3D Experience 
- Shrek Forever After in 3D 
Add Your Comments
- Green Bay, WI: Silver Cinemas - East Town Budget Cinemas Closed [2/10]
- Milwaukee, WI: Former State Theater Severely Damaged by Fire [2/10]
- Lincoln, NE: Recliners Coming to Marcus Lincoln Grand Cinema [2/9]
- Orlando, FL: Cinemark Movie Theater Changes Name After Artegon Marketplace Closure [2/6]
- Kalamazoo, MI: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Closing in April 2017, New Operator Expected [2/6]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Soft Opening on February 7, 2017 [2/1]
- Englewood, CO: UA Greenwood Plaza 12 Closed [1/31]
- Huntington Beach, CA: Regency Charter Centre Cinemas 5 Closed [1/31]
- Sitka, AK: Coliseum Theatre - Sawmill Creek Plaza Closed, Downtown Location Remains Open [1/31]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Opening February 10, 2017 [1/27]
McDonald's is recalling drinking glasses with Shrek Forever After 3D designs on them, because of the potential risk of cadmium in the material on the glass. The glasses were sold for about $2 and feature the images of Shrek, Fiona, Puss n' Boots, and Donkey.
Consumers should stop using the glasses immediately and visit www.mcdonalds.com for additional instructions on how to obtain a full refund.
The full press release from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission appears below.
McDonald’s Recalls Movie Themed Drinking Glasses Due to Potential Cadmium Risk
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
Name of Product: “Shrek Forever After 3D” Collectable Drinking Glasses
Units: About 12 million
Manufacturer: ARC International, of Millville, NJ.
Distributor: McDonald’s Corp., Oakbrook, Ill.
Hazard: The designs on the glasses contain cadmium. Long term exposure to cadmium can cause adverse health effects.
Incidents/Injuries: None reported.
Description: The “Shrek Forever After 3D” collectable drinking glass are 16 ounce glasses that came in four designs, Shrek, Fiona, Puss n’ Boots, and Donkey.
Sold exclusively at: McDonald’s restaurants nationwide from May 2010 into June 2010 for about $2.
Manufactured in: United States
Remedy: McDonald’s is asking consumers to immediately stop using the glass out of an abundance of caution. Visit www.mcdonalds.com for additional instructions on how to obtain a full refund.
Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact McDonald’s toll-free at (800) 244-6227 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday or visit the firm’s website at www.mcdonalds.com
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.