Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Century East at Dawley Farm
Sioux Falls, SD
Add Your Comments
- Sacramento, CA: Century Arden 14 and XD Opens on Site of Former Century Stadium 14 [12/1]
- West Dundee, IL: Cinemark Spring Hill Mall and XD to Open December 15, 2016 [11/30]
- Chandler, AZ: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Chandler Opens December 2, 2016 [11/30]
- Oak Creek, WI: Marcus Value Cinema - Oak Creek Being Sold to Church [11/30]
- Warren, MI: Cinemark Warren 16 Closed and Will Become an MJR Theatres Location in 2017 [11/28]
- Daytona Beach, FL: Cobb Daytona Luxury 12 Coming in December [11/28]
- Streator, IL: Streator Eagle 6 to Open December 2, 2016 [11/28]
- Marcus Theatres to Acquire All Wehrenberg Theatres Locations [11/21]
- Grand Junction, CO: Movie Theater Opens in Former Carmike 7 Location [11/18]
- Flagstaff, AZ: Harkins Flagstaff 16 Opens, Harkins Flagstaff 11 Closes [11/18]
The 12-screen Century East at Dawley Farm in Sioux Falls, South Dakota opened yesterday, June 29th, 2010, and the Souix Falls Argus Leader has an article about the grand opening:
The 12-screen, 1,900-seat movie theater opened Tuesday for the first time with a full house for an 8 p.m. showing of the vampire thriller "The Twilight Series: Eclipse." A midnight screening of "Twilight," which had been sold out for weeks, followed.
Cinemark's James Meredith said his company saw a high demand for their second theater complex in Sioux Falls. It was a bonus that the theater could open amid the excitement of the popular "Twilight" movie series, he said.
"We knew we wanted to do everything in our power to open up with ("Eclipse") because everyone is so excited," said Meredith, who is vice president for marketing and communications for Cinemark, which also owns the Century Stadium 14 theater on the city's west side.
Generating excitement for Century East, the first theater on the city's east side, hasn't been much of a problem. Movie fans in the area are happy they won't have to drive extra miles to the city's other theaters on the west side. And businesses near Century East are counting on the theater to increase traffic and spending.
Click the Read link below to view the entire article.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.