Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Austin, TX: Bob Bullock IMAX Theatre Closed Temporarily for Digital Conversion [1/26]
- Springfield, MA: Entertainment Cinemas - Springfield Plaza Closed [1/25]
- Valley Stream, NY: Sunrise Multiplex Cinemas Closed [1/23]
- Bedford, NY: Bow Tie Bedford Playhouse Closes [1/22]
- Ellsworth, ME: Maine Coast Cinemas 2 Closed [1/22]
- Clinton, MO: B & B Theatres Takes Over Missouri Cinema 6 [1/19]
- Marcus Theatres Adding Amenities to Select Locations [1/19]
- Kelso, WA: Regal Three Rivers Mall 12 & RPX Opens While Regal Three Rivers Mall 5 and Regal Triangle Cinemas 4 Close [1/16]
- 2015 Academy Award Nominations Announced [1/15]
- Students in Select Cities Can See "Selma" Free [1/13]
On June 14th, we wrote that the Rave Motion Pictures Maumee 18 in Maumee, Ohio would be closing in August or September (see Journal Article). Now, the Toledo Blade is reporting that the theater will be closing on July 11:
The two-story, 90,000-square-foot complex will close July 11, Rave Motion Pictures announced Thursday. The announcement comes six months after the Dallas-based Rave Motion Pictures bought the area's four largest theater complexes from National Amusements Inc.
Rave originally announced it would close the Maumee 18 in August or September. Jeremy Devine, Rave Motion Pictures vice president of marketing said the closing plans "crystallized" in the past few days, and the date for shutting down the theater was moved up.
Click the Read link below to read the entire article.
The closest theater to the Maumee 18 is the Rave Motion Pictures Fallen Timbers 14, which is located less than five miles away. That theater has already received the 3D digital projection system from the Maumee 18, which enables the Fallen Timbers 14 to play Toy Story 3 in Disney Digital 3D. The article mentions that an IMAX installation may be coming to the Fallen Timbers location in the future.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.