Remove ads with our VIP Service
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice 
Add Your Comments
- Ashburn, VA: Starplex Cinemas - Loudoun Luxury 11 Now Open [4/24]
- Dallas, TX: Cinepolis to Open Luxury Movie Theater in Victory Park [4/21]
- Lewisburg, WV: Lewisburg Cinema 8 Now Open [4/21]
- Fort Worth and Hurst, TX: Cinemark Upgrading Ridgmar 13 and North East Mall 18 Locations with Luxury Loungers [4/15]
- Chicago, IL: ArcLight Cinemas Opening in Lincoln Park in September 2015 [4/11]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Glen Stadium 10 Closes for ArcLight Cinemas Conversion - Reopening on May 1, 2015 [4/11]
- Bangor, ME: Bangor Drive-In to Reopen After 30 Years [4/9]
- Tyler, TX: Studio Movie Grill Set to Open in April 2015 [4/3]
- Chantilly, VA: Smithsonian - Udvar-Hazy Center Airbus IMAX Theater Closed for Laser Upgrade [3/30]
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
A special event to celebrate the release of The Sorcerer's Apprentice will be held tonight in Bryant Park in the New York borough of Manhattan. The movie was filmed entirely in New York City, and Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films wanted to honor the movie's July 14 release by throwing a party! Stars Nicolas Cage, Jay Baruchel, Alfred Molina, Toby Kebbell, Teresa Palmer, as well as director Jon Turteltaub and producer Jerry Bruckheimer will be attending the celebration.
If you can't make it to the party in person, you can watch a webcast of the event:
The event starts at 7pm in Bryant Park, and the streaming goes live at 8:15pm.
The Sorcerer's Apprentice opens in theaters on Wednesday, July 14, 2010, and many theaters already have showtimes and tickets available! Just go to the Showtimes page for opening day to find showtimes for a theater near you and click on the showtime links to purchase your tickets in advance. Select theaters are also showing midnight shows the night before.
If you want to find out more about the movie, we have photos, videos, and more on the Information Page!
For more information about this event, please see the press release below.
July 2, 2010
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice: A Night of Magic and Music in Midtown Manhattan
Walt Disney Studios and Jerry Bruckheimer Films Celebrate the Release of “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice” with Special Event in Bryant Park on Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Musical Performances by OneRepublic and Alpha Rev
Q&A Session with the Film’s Stars & Filmmakers
Entire Event to be Streamed Live on MySpace, Powered by Ustream
BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The mystical masters behind the blockbuster “National Treasure” franchise, Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films, are celebrating their latest big screen incarnation, “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice,” with a special music event in the heart of Manhattan. Since this epic comedy adventure about a sorcerer and his hapless apprentice was filmed entirely on location in New York City, it is a “super” natural fit to honor the film’s impending July 14 release by throwing a party in iconic Bryant Park featuring performances by OneRepublic and Alpha Rev, plus appearances from the movie’s stars and filmmakers, including Nicolas Cage, Jay Baruchel, Alfred Molina, Toby Kebbell, Teresa Palmer, director Jon Turteltaub and producer Jerry Bruckheimer.
By tapping into entertainment powerhouse, MySpace, the festivities go global as fans around the world can watch the musical performances LIVE via Ustream and get the chance to interact with the film’s talent by posting comments and questions to the page. The event, emceed by Z100’s JJ, is free to the public. Bryant Park lawn is open to the general public starting at 7:00 p.m. and the streaming goes live at 8:15 p.m. on July 6, 2010 at www.myspace.com/SorcerersApprentice.
Sorcery & Songs
* OneRepublic will perform a short set, including “Secrets,” a song featured prominently in the film, as well as their multi platinum breakthrough single and internet sensation, “Apologize.”
* Alpha Rev, a MySpace.com #1 ranked indie band from Texas, will perform their song from the film, “Phoenix Burn.”
* MySpace hosts the exclusive live stream of the event at www.myspace.com/SorcerersApprentice, powered by Ustream. Viewers around the world can experience the event first-hand, see exclusive backstage interviews with talent and interact by posting comments and questions to the page.
* Ustream, the leader in live interactive video on the web, powers the live webcast of the event. Also to watch, interact or embed the live stream, visit ustream.tv/WaltDisneyStudios.
* This special celebration marks the 1st live streaming event on Disney.com
* Advance tickets for “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice” can be purchased now through Disney.com/Sorcerer.
* “The Sorcerer's Apprentice" special celebration live stream player embed code
ABOUT “THE SORCERER’S APPRENTICE”
Walt Disney Studios, producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Jon Turteltaub, the team behind the “National Treasure” franchise, present “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice”— an innovative and epic comedy adventure about a sorcerer and his hapless apprentice who are swept into the center of an ancient conflict between good and evil.
Balthazar Blake (Nicolas Cage) is a master sorcerer in modern-day Manhattan trying to defend the city from his arch-nemesis, Maxim Horvath (Alfred Molina). Balthazar can't do it alone, so he recruits Dave Stutler (Jay Baruchel), a seemingly average guy who demonstrates hidden potential, as his reluctant protégé. The sorcerer gives his unwilling accomplice a crash course in the art and science of magic, and together, these unlikely partners work to stop the forces of darkness. It'll take all the courage Dave can muster to survive his training, save the city and get the girl as he becomes “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice.” The screenplay is by Matt Lopez and Doug Miro & Carlo Bernard from a screen story by Lawrence Konner & Mark Rosenthal and Matt Lopez. In theaters July 14, 2010. Disney.com/Sorcerer; like us on Facebook: facebook.com/SorcerersApprentice; follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/DisneyPictures.
MySpace is a technology company connecting people through personal expression, content, and culture. MySpace empowers its global community to experience the Internet through a social lens by integrating personal profiles, photos, videos, mobile, messaging, games, and the world's largest music community. MySpace is a division of News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.