Remove ads with our VIP Service
- The Movies at Montgomery Mall
Add Your Comments
- A Review of Laser-Based IMAX at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX [4/21]
- Details Released About the Background of Star Wars Movie, "Rogue One" [4/20]
- See the Teaser Trailer for "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" in an IMAX Theater on April 20th [4/16]
- Dates Announced for 2016 Academy Awards and Nominations Announcement [4/14]
- Ahead of the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
- Watch the Trailer for the Short "Frozen Fever" That Will Be Shown Before "Cinderella" [2/26]
- See "Interstellar: The IMAX Experience" with 12 Minutes of Additional Footage at Select AMC Locations on February 21, 2015 [2/19]
- Neill Blomkamp Posts About Upcoming "Alien" Project [2/19]
- Buy One Ticket for "Black or White" Get One Free with This Offer - 2/13/15 - 2/19/15 [2/13]
- Spider-Man to Appear in Marvel Cinematic Universe, Next Spider-Man Movie Gets Release Date [2/10]
Danielle Douglas of the Washington Post has written a profile of Jon and Brent Goldstein, owners of The Movies at Montgomery Mall in Bethesda, Maryland:
When Jon and Brent Goldstein were kids, their parents often shuttled them to Montgomery Mall to take in the latest movie. Now that the brothers are all grown up, they have turned their love of film into a business, taking over the same theater they went to as boys.
But staying competitive in an industry dominated by mega-chains, such as AMC and Regal Theaters, can be challenging for independent players such as the Goldsteins. Their three-screen theater, simply named the Movies at Montgomery, is about five miles from Regal's 10-screen Cineplex and AMC's seven-screen offering, which are blocks apart on Wisconsin Avenue. What's more, all three sites are first-run theaters, showing the latest Hollywood blockbusters.
The Goldsteins, however, are unfazed. Since opening their theater five months ago, the brothers have made a successful go at drumming up business with a number of community-oriented events, including a showing of the "Karate Kid" remake to 600 students of a local kung fu school.
Click the Read link below to view the entire article.
For more information about The Movies at Montgomery Mall, including showtimes, a map with directions, area dining options, and more, please see their Information Page.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.