Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- The Movies at Montgomery Mall
Add Your Comments
- "First Look" Fan Event on February 28, 2017 for "Ghost in the Shell" at Select IMAX Theaters [2/16]
- Marcus Adds More Wehrenberg Locations to its Best Picture Festival [2/14]
- Watch All the Best Picture Nominees at AMC's Best Picture Showcase [1/26]
- See the Best Picture Nominees at Marcus Theatres' 2017 Best Picture Festival [1/26]
- Watch Best Picture Nominated Movies at Regal Cinemas Locations for One Price [1/26]
- Disney Classics Part of "The Enchanted Tales" Series at Marcus Theatres [1/26]
- $5 Tuesday Promotion Comes to Wehrenberg Theatres [1/16]
- LucasFilm and Disney Will Not Recreate Carrie Fisher's Likeness for "Star Wars: Episode IX" [1/15]
- A Rundown of the Reshoots and Work Done on "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" [1/15]
- An Examination of Iconic and Forgettable Soundtracks in Movies [12/15]
Danielle Douglas of the Washington Post has written a profile of Jon and Brent Goldstein, owners of The Movies at Montgomery Mall in Bethesda, Maryland:
When Jon and Brent Goldstein were kids, their parents often shuttled them to Montgomery Mall to take in the latest movie. Now that the brothers are all grown up, they have turned their love of film into a business, taking over the same theater they went to as boys.
But staying competitive in an industry dominated by mega-chains, such as AMC and Regal Theaters, can be challenging for independent players such as the Goldsteins. Their three-screen theater, simply named the Movies at Montgomery, is about five miles from Regal's 10-screen Cineplex and AMC's seven-screen offering, which are blocks apart on Wisconsin Avenue. What's more, all three sites are first-run theaters, showing the latest Hollywood blockbusters.
The Goldsteins, however, are unfazed. Since opening their theater five months ago, the brothers have made a successful go at drumming up business with a number of community-oriented events, including a showing of the "Karate Kid" remake to 600 students of a local kung fu school.
Click the Read link below to view the entire article.
For more information about The Movies at Montgomery Mall, including showtimes, a map with directions, area dining options, and more, please see their Information Page.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.