Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Egyptian Theatre
Add Your Comments
- Upper Darby, PA: Studio Movie Grill - Upper Darby Opened July 23, 2015 [7/30]
- California, MD: R/C Lexington Exchange Movies 12 Opens [7/30]
- Milwaukee, WI: Free Family Outdoor Movies at the Peck Pavilion [7/30]
- Milwaukee, WI: "The Princess Bride" Event Coming to the Riverside Theater [7/24]
- North Haven, CT: Cinemark North Haven and XD Now Open [7/24]
- Athens, GA: Carmike Ovation 12 Opens After Renovations [7/20]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Reopened by Landmark Theatres [7/15]
- Cary, NC: Frank Theatres - Parkside Town Commons Stadium 11 & Xtreme Now Open [7/14]
- Malco Theatres Kids Summer Film Fest 2015 [6/30]
- 2015 Summer Movie Series at Georgia Theatre Company Locations [6/30]
Hollywood, California is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Hollywood Walk of Fame July 25, 2010 with a day-long "Walk the Walk" festival with tours of Hollywood theaters and studios, as well as live music, performances, movie screenings, and other activities for the entire family.
Four locations around town will be showcasing the five categories of stars on the Walk of Fame: motion pictures, television, recording, radio, and live theater. Restaurants and stores are joining in the celebration by offering discounts, promotions, and giveaways.
The festival will be held on Sunday, July 25, 2010 from 11am - 6pm. The key locations mentioned previously are:
- Hollywood & Highland Center, 6801 Hollywood Blvd. -- Inside TV Guide studio; courtyard radio broadcasts
- The Egyptian Theatre, 6712 Hollywood Blvd. -- Tour of historic theatre; live music in the courtyard; screenings of Forever Hollywood
- Capitol Records, 1750 N. Vine Street -- Inside the famous Studio A; live music outside building
- The Montalban, 1615 N. Vine Street -- Stage performances; rooftop soccer competitions
The Walk of Fame was dedicated in November 1960 with 1,500 stars. The first star set was for producer Stanley Kramer (High Noon, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, et al) and the most recent star was for recording group Rush on June 25, 2010. Star #2413 will be laid during the festival for the late Louis Prima (recording).
For more information, click the Read link below to visit the web site for the festival.
Source: Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.