Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Bow Tie Cinema City
- Bow Tie Cinema City at the Palace
- Bow Tie Palace 17 & BTX Theater
Add Your Comments
- Arcata, CA: Minor Theatre Closed [2/9]
- Heath, OH: Regal Indian Mound 11 to Reopen in April as AMC Indian Mound Mall 9 [2/8]
- Sarasota, FL: Cobb CineBistro at Westfield Southgate Opening Friday, February 12, 2016 [2/5]
- Silverdale, WA: Regal Silverdale Cinemas 4 Closed [2/4]
- Closter, NJ: Bow Tie Closter Cinemas Closed [2/3]
- San Diego, CA: Reading Cinemas Gaslamp 15 Closed [2/2]
- East Windsor, NJ and Berlin, CT: Carmike Cinemas Acquires Two Former Starplex Cinemas Locations from AMC [2/2]
- Santa Monica, CA: Laemmle's Monica Fourplex Now Open as Laemmle Monica Film Center [2/2]
- Newark, CA: AMC NewPark 12 Now Open [2/2]
- Hawthorne, NY: All Westchester Saw Mill Multiplex Cinemas Closed, Car Dealership Coming [1/29]
The Bow Tie Cinema City in Hartford, Connecticut will be closing on July 22, 2010 and re-opening as the Bow Tie Cinema City at the Palace in the same building as the Bow Tie Palace 17 and Odyssey Theater at 330 New Park Avenue.
The Cinema City property has been acquired by the Metropolitan District Commission, which provides water services to the Greater Hartford Area, and will redevelop it for municipal use, according to the Bow Tie Cinemas web site. According to information on the site, the new theater "will feature 5 screens with stadium seating, a dedicated box office and café, and our same commitment to provide the best in independent and foreign film."
Even though the new theater will be located at the same address as the existing Palace 17 and Odyssey Theater, it appears that it will have a separate box office and be a somewhat separate operation from the existing theater. As a result, we are going to be listing their information and showtimes under a new entry: Bow Tie Cinema City at the Palace.
Chief Operating Officer Joe Masher is featured in a video that appears to have run on-screen at the Cinema City, and is available below:
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.