Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- "The Maze Runner" Gets Wider with Extra Screens in "Escape" Theaters [8/29]
- Waynesville, MO: B & B Waynesville Patriot 12 & GS Opens August 29, 2014, Waynesville Cinema 8 Closed [8/28]
- Indianapolis, IN: Cinemark Washington Market 8 Closed [8/28]
- Streator, IL: Majestic Theatre Closed, Up For Sale [8/26]
- Frostburg, MD: R/C Theatres Closes R/C Cinemas 1-2-3, Employees Launch Effort to Reopen [8/25]
- Teicher Theatres Closes All Locations [8/25]
- Santa Monica, CA: Watch the Extended Versions of All Three LOTR Movies at the Aero Theatre on August 30, 2014 [8/21]
- Lodi, CA: Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas Temporarily Closed for Bedbugs [8/20]
- Hollywood, CA: World Premiere of "If I Stay" on August 20, 2014 at Chinese Theatre [8/20]
- Carmike Completes Acquisition of Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. [8/19]
The Seattle Cinerama Theatre in Seattle, Washington will be closing on August 30, 2010 for renovations and equipment upgrades, according to a press release issued this week by the theater's owner, Vulcan Inc.
The theater will be closed for two months while digital cinema projection (with 3D capability) and upgraded sound equipment is installed and the theater is refurbished under the supervision of Greg Wood, the owner/operator of Portland, Oregan's Roseway Theatre.
"Greg is a great fit with Cinerama and our emphasis on local relevance, progressive, independent thinking, and attention to detail," Vulcan's Tangen said. "He understands the importance of Cinerama to the community."
Operation of the theater was being handled by AMC Entertainment, Inc., but when the theater re-opens, it will be operated by a new management company with Wood at the helm.
The Seattle Cinerama Theatre is one of only three theaters capable of projecting Cinerama movies, which are projected using three projectors onto a widely curved screen for a very immersive experience. The theater is also a supporter of indpendent movies, and it has hosted the Seattle International Film Festival, the Langston Hughes African American Film Festival, the National Film Festival for Talented Youth, and the Seattle Human Rights Film Festival.
The theater will continue showing movies until August 30th, and Dinner for Schmucks is currently playing today. Check out their Showtimes Page for showtimes.
For more information, please see the Information Page for the Seattle Cinerama Theatre.
Source: Vulcan, Inc. Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.