Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Going the Distance 
Add Your Comments
- Check out the Trailer for "Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials" [5/19]
- New Photos Added for "Hot Pursuit" [5/6]
- 40 New Photos and the Latest Trailer Added for "Mad Max: Fury Road" [5/1]
- Check Out the Upcoming LEGO Movie Release Dates [4/21]
- "Pan" Moves to October 2015 [4/21]
- Watch the New Teaser Trailer for "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" [4/16]
- Lots of New Videos Added for "Avengers: Age of Ultron" - Including the World Premiere on April 13, 2015 [4/14]
- Watch the New Trailer and See New Photos for "Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation" [3/23]
- "Selma" Being Re-Released in Theaters March 20th [3/20]
- New Photos Added for "The Divergent Series: Insurgent" [3/18]
Warner Bros. Pictures announced yesterday that it was pushing the release of its Drew Barrymore/Justin Long romantic comedy Going the Distance one week, to September 3, 2010.
In making the announcement, Dan Fellman, Warner Bros. Pictures President of Domestic Distribution stated:
Moving to the Labor Day weekend not only allows us to take advantage of the long holiday weekend, but gives us some distance from the other female-driven films releasing in August. Additionally, we have an opportunity to build more awareness and word-of-mouth for a movie we believe has strong appeal for a broad audience.
The last-minute move has caught a few theaters off-guard, as some theaters were already offering advance tickets and showtimes for the original release on August 27th. We're expecting that to be cleared up shortly when the theaters have a chance to readjust their booking schedules. Even the official web site is mentioning the earlier release date, so keep that in mind as you're looking around.
Going the Distance stars Drew Barrymore as Erin, whose wry wit and unfiltered frankness charm newly single Garrett (Justin Long) over beer, bar trivia and breakfast the next morning. Their chemistry sparks a full-fledged summer fling, but neither expects it to last once Erin heads home to San Francisco and Garrett stays behind for his job in New York City. But when six weeks of romping through the city inadvertently become meaningful, neither is sure they want it to end. But despite the opposite coasts, the couple just might have found something like love, and with the help of a lot of texting, sexting and late-night phone calls, they might actually go the distance.
For more information, including a cast list, photos from the movie, the trailer, and links to the official web site, and more, please see the Information Page for Going the Distance!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.