Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Summerfield Cinemas
Santa Rosa, CA
Add Your Comments
- Variety: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" to Skip Theaters, Launch as a TV Movie and Spinoff Series [7/21]
- Falmouth, ME: Flagship Premium Cinemas Now Open [7/20]
- AMC Theatres to Acquire Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group, the Largest Theater Chain in Europe [7/13]
- Westbrook, ME: Prides Corner Drive-In Not Yet Open for 2016, Future is Uncertain [7/13]
- Menomonee Falls, WI: Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas Getting Take Five and Zaffiro's [6/30]
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
- Thousand Oaks, CA: Regal Janss Marketplace 9 Grand Opening on June 9, 2016 [6/8]
- Mooresville, IN: Showtime Cinema Announces 2016 Summer Kids' Movie Series [6/7]
- Monterey, CA: Osio Theater Now Open [5/31]
In March, the Press Democrat Newspaper in Santa Rosa, California reported that the Rialto Cinemas Lakeside lost its lease and would close on August 31, 2010.
The Rialto Cinemas Lakeside, which became known in the last decade for independent, art house cinema and frequent community fund-raisers, is losing its lease to the company that owns the Roxy Stadium 14 and Airport Cinemas.
The Rialto's lease for the Summerfield Road theater will end Aug. 31.
“I'm in shock,” said Ky Boyd, the Rialto's proprietor. “I'm dismayed. I'm disappointed.”
Click the Read link below for the full article.
It appears that the last day of shows came a little earlier than that, as the last showtimes were for August 20th, and we've received notification that the theater is now closed.
The article mentions that the theater's lease is going to SR Entertainment Group, which owns the Roxy 14 Stadium, 3rd Street Cinema, and Airport Stadium 12 in Santa Rosa, and their web site does mention the upcoming addition of Summerfield Cinemas in the Rialto Cinemas Lakeside location.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.